Chapter 16

16 - TRUTH OR DARE

***

BEFORE Thalia could even blink, she was already back at school. And let's just say that James was superior at avoiding her. They even shared the same form and somehow Thalia could never even get the chance to even speak with him.

She wore the locket around the neck and kept the snow globe displayed upon the dresser in her room.

Even though James was avoiding her at all costs, he didn't stop staring at her when she wasn't paying attention.

He felt his heart warm up in his chest when he saw the golden locket which he had gifted to her strung on her neck every day for the past week since they had gotten back.

James felt awful for avoiding her. He gave her the cold shoulder, and he couldn't even blame Thalia for being cautious with the gift. Considering his own reputation that he made for himself, it was reasonable for her to be mindful.

He watched the Hufflepuff as she conversed with Lily, Rose, and Kristina. She was laughing and smiling broadly.

James couldn't help but admire her idyllic and light-hearted nature. He adored the way her eyes sparkled, and the way the corners of her eyes crinkled as she joked around. Her laugh was a cool autumn breeze; an invigorating breath of life-it was absolutely contagious. Her smile could light up the entire world with its liveliness.

Despite the hurt that she had caused him, he was still in love with her. It was always her, and it always had been. Despite her flaws, he loved her, and it pained him that Thalia would never like her back. James would be nothing more than just her prankster brother.

***

Thalia and the girls decided to have their own little girls night in Thalia's dorm room, seeing as it was the weekend.

Thalia, Lily, Rose, and Kristina sat on the large queen bed in a circle playing a round of truth or dare.

"Truth or dare?" Lily asked Rose.

"Hmm... I'll go with truth," Rose decided.

"If you could be invisible, what is the first thing you would do?" Lily questioned.

"Probably knick the cookies from the cookie jar. Then I won't get in trouble!" Rose giggled.

"Really? That's all? I'd probably mess around with my brother and give him the spooks." Kristina snorted.

"Mark would probably squeal in a terribly high-pitched voice," Lily laughed.

"I second that," Thalia agreed.

"Okay, okay. Rose it's your turn. Ask someone." Kristina said.

Rose hummed as she looked at the three girls before her. "Tina. I'll go with you."

"Shoot, Rosie-Posie," Kristina grinned.

"Truth or dare?" Rose asked.

"Dare." Kristina said, hoping for a daring challenge.

"No! I wanted you to pick truth!" Rose huffed.

"Too bad," Kristen grinned.

"Oh! I got it! I dare you to admit that you have a crush on Lysander!" Rose smirked, as she figured out a loophole to get her way.

"Sometimes I wish you weren't a Ravenclaw," Kristina grumbled.

"Wait! You like my brother?!" Thalia asked, wide-eyed. "And holdup! I thought you only liked girls?!"

"I do not like him, and I swing both ways!" Kristina defended.

"That's a lie and we all know it, Kristina," Lily said.

"It's... weird... he's younger than me and stuff... " Kristina mumbled.

"Hah! I knew it! You do like him!" Rose beamed. "And not in the slightest is it weird at all to like him, Krissy. Maybe to Thalia it is a bit weird, considering it's her brother, but it's not weird at all. I promise."

"I don't find it weird, Kris. I say you should shoot your shot," Thalia smiled.

"You aren't mad at all?" Kristina asked, eyeing her blonde Hufflepuff friend.

"Not even in the slightest," Thalia smiled. "Besides, if you two ever get married, we will be related!"

"Yeah, I guess we will," Kristen laughed.

"You and Lysander would look great together, Kristina," Lily smiled.

"Okay, now Kristina.. ask someone!" Rose urged.

"Alright then... Thalia!" Kristina selected.

"Should I be worried?" Thalia joked.

"I think you should," Kristina smirked.

"Okay, now I am actually scared," Thalia said.

"Thalia... truth or dare?" Kristina asked.

"I'm gonna go with dare," Thalia said.

"You're gonna be in deep shit, Scamander. You better watch out, hun," Kristina grinned, mischievously.

"What is it?" Thalia asked, in fear of what the brunette Gryffindor was going to suggest.

"I want you to play with James Potter's heart."

***

A/N:

Posted twice today because I sort of wanted end off of a cliffhanger even though this isn't really a cliffhanger.

This is where the drama takes off, and I'm having so much fun with this because I can add Gen Z humor lmfao.

Let me know what you think of the book so far :-)