Chapter 27

27 - BROOMSTICKS AND SNITCHES

***

"WEST snatches the quaffle-with Hart and Selwyn on either side of him! Intercepted by Hart-no-Mane managed to snatch it away..."

As soon as Thalia darted straight up into the air all the way to the top of the stadium, she immediately drowned out Owen Gordon's commentary (well really she had to keep at least one ear on it just in case).

As the game continued on below her, she started to fly around the pitch in search of the bright gold gleam of the snitch, yet failed to do so.

"Selwyn passes to Nott-and Nott passes it back towards Selwyn-and Selwyn thrusted it to Hart-annnddddd... Moreno blocked it! Take that you shitty snakes! Badgers for the win-ow! Okay, okay 'fessor. Sorry. I dunno if you can tell but I'm totally simping for Scamander over there up top, so gotta support the badgers, yeah?"

Thalia chuckled and rolled her eyes. He was totally biased, but hey, did it really matter? It was her team anyway. She could literally envision James fuming in his seat at the moment as she shook her head and turned her attention back to scouting for the golden snitch that definitely did not want to be caught.

She wanted this match to be quick and easy win, but from the looks of it, Thalia wasn't sure if she would be that lucky.

The game had been going for thirty minutes already, and it seemed as if the game was going to drag on for days-which was absolutely horrifying because if Thalia didn't catch that snitch, the game couldn't and wouldn't end.

Still scanning the air for the snitch, she decided to run through some one direction songs in her head-the only muggle music she had ever listened to and liked (thanks to Kristina-who was definitely head over heels for Harry Styles, although Thalia preferred Louis Tomlinson way more).

Every now and then, she would glance back down to the game that chorused on without her.

As expected, the Slytherins were for sure playing roughly, ruffling up her own teammates. In the past, her parents had told her stories of how much more ruthless they had been during their own Hogwarts years, and they certainly weren't as bad now.

But what was a Slytherin game without a bit of foul play?

Nott and Hart were slamming their broomsticks against Davis trying to control the trajectory of his broom, who was currently in possession of the quaffle. She even saw Hart attempt to reach out to grab Davis' broom and force it downward towards the ground, yet he never did-probably just thought about doing it.

She isn't the only one who saw this, though, for Madame Hooch was keeping a close eye on both teams. But seeing as he never actually did anything wrong, the matter had to slide which angered Thalia, knowing that one of her own could have been extremely hurt.

The matched continued on and on for what seemed like a couple centuries. It ended up taking far longer than Thalia had been hoping. Several times within the near two hours that had passed, Thalia had thought she saw the snitch, but it just ended up being random golden gleams of light being reflected on random metal objects.

As Thalia continued to frustrate over not being able to find the snitch, the two teams continued to battle it out. Several fouls were called, and thank goodness that Thalia's chasers were very skilled shooters and the Slytherin keeper was absolute trash, with Hufflepuff currently leading by quite a bit... but not enough for them to still win if Slytherin caught the snitch.

"Hufflepuff scores again! 240 - 160 with Hufflepuff in the lead! 'Fessor this match is taking too long. Are there water breaks? No? Seekers please find that bloody snitch before I lose my voice, and-"

Suddenly, Thalia caught sight of a flying gleam.

The snitch.

Without hesitation, she immediately shot forward. The Slytherin seeker, Killio, saw her zooming, and immediately followed her in suit.

"Everyone, everyone! The snitch has been seen! I repeat: The snitch has been seen! Thalia Scamander following it closely behind with Marcus Killio on her tail-but too far behind! They haven't lost sight of it yet! Scamander dives! And she reaches! She's stretching forward! She's nearly at it! And-and! Oh my fucking goodness! Thalia Scamander has caught the snitch! 150 points to Hufflepuff! Hufflepuff wins with 390 to 160! Thalia Scamander please fucking marry me; I love you!"

Thalia sat on her broomstick, still hovering up in the air, huffing as she looked down into the palm of her hand to find the golden snitch resting there. She smiled broadly at the sight of the small ball. When she looked around her, she saw the crowd, especially the Hufflepuffs, cheering wildly.

"LET'S GO BADGERS!"

***

A/N:

Honestly didn't know how to end that but yeah. Also I really don't know how to write Quidditch matches oops. (I am very very sorry Oliver Wood please forgive me.)

Also thank you all so much for 11k reads like whaaaatttt?!