Chapter 43

43 — A BROTHER'S APPROVAL

***

   "AND who just made you eat your own words? I did! How? Because you suck at Quidditch!" Thalia cheered as she flew down to the ground in victory after just demolishing James at his own challenge.

   "I didn't get to warm up!" James protested flying down next to Thalia.

   "No need to bury your head in the sand. We both know that I won fair and square. Maybe next time Mr. I-Suck-At-Quidditch," Thalia smirked as she patted James on the shoulder.

   "Just because you beat me, doesn't mean that I suck at Quidditch," James huffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

   "Oh but James... it does mean exactly that. Tough luck buddy," Thalia mockingly smiled.

   "We should have a rematch," James suggested.

   "James, you just do not want to accept defeat, do you? That is very much pathetic. At the final match we can settle this once and for all. But for now, I am the true winner. And you cannot take that away from me."

   "Deal."

***

   "She looks so perfect," James mesmerized as he watched Thalia smile and laugh with some of her friends at the Hufflepuff table from his own.

"Yeah, I even gotta admit that she's kinda hot. Good fish to catch," Mark laughed, earning a swat at the arm from Lysander, "Why are you so damn violent, Ly? You can chill out my dude!"

"I just don't like you objectifying my sister," Lysander stuck his tongue out.

"Sorry sorry," apologized Mark, "I'll write that down somewhere."

"All I know at the end of the day is that this dude will forever be crushing on that girl," Dominque giggled.

"I mean, can you blame me?" said James. "I've got no control around that angel. I have loved her since we were toddlers—long before we both even felt the same thing."

"I want to vomit," Lysander groaned.

"Okay, but have you smelled her perfume? That shit holds me ransom. You wouldn't want to be vomiting then," James said.

"Love is sometimes so sickening," Dominque sighed.

"But when you just want to take someone anywhere, any day, or any night and feel a rush every time you touch, you wouldn't want to not feel love." James said. "She belongs with me, and nobody is going to steal her away."

"Damn, possessive much?" Mark laughed.

"She has been my queen for years. Damn right that I am not letting anyone steal my girl." James winked.

"Would you give up the world for her?" asked Lysander.

"I'd give up everything, just ask me to," James replied, simply.

"You're so soft for her. It's adorable," gushed Dominque.

"He lets his guard down for her every time she enters a room. It's hilarious. Mr. Simp over here becomes completely defenseless," Mark joked.

"It's been so long. She rejected you over and over again. And time after time, you still loved her. You never once gave up. Why?" asked Lysander.

"I'm a Gryffindor, Icky-Ly-Ly. That's why. We lions never give up. Our very own Godric Gryffindor and his perseverance, eh?" James smirked.

"You know what I am talking about," Lysander said with a roll of his eyes.

"Honestly, I think after all these years, all I could see was her—and only her. I mean you would think after seventeen years of living life beside one another would mean that I am over all the butterflies, but nope. I am still in love with her," James explained, lovingly, "Sure, it was very much as if a poisoned dagger were being stuck in my heart every time she rejected me, but I didn't mind. I still loved her, and honestly, I won't stop, nor do I want to."

   "Why Thalia?" Lysander interrogated. "You could have any girl. The entire population of Hogwarts would literally die for you. Yet you choose my sister... Why?"

   "It's Thalia. Your sister has always been there for me—since day one. And even in our darkest times, I will still love her. And Lysander, I'm sorry if you think that I'm not the right person for Thalia, but I love her a lot. I really do."

   Lysander but his lip. "You two are great together," he admitted.

   "Wait—what?!"

   "You guys are good for each other. You both make each other really happy. And you shouldn't need my approval to want to date her."

   "Thanks Ly."

   "You'd better ask her out soon."

   "Oh you bet I will."

***

A/N:

Hey besties. This is the third last chapter of this book   :(   Yes this book is finishing because your girl here ran out of chapter ideas... oops...

Also please tell me you get the song and lyric references in here. There's 5SOS and 1D, as well as some stray songs too. I thought it would be fun to have some fun with those, so credits for to them, I guess.

Let's hope the finale is everything that I planned it out to be.