Chapter 26

26 — BLUDGERS AND QUAFFLES

***

HUFFLEPUFF'S last quidditch match was today—before their final showdown with Gryffindor during the last week of May.

Hufflepuff v.s. Slytherin

Thalia had already lead the Hufflepuff team to victory in their first match during the third week of November, and now she was going to beat those puny ass snakes to the pulp. She was determined to win that Quidditch cup, even if it was the last thing that she was ever going to do.

She had trained her fellow badgers endlessly, and they were the best team that Hufflepuff had seen since Cedric Diggory's time at Hogwarts.

Clarissa Mane—Chaser.

   Hunter Davis—Chaser.

   Samuel West—Chaser.

   Yvette Lin—Beater.

   Bellamy Sebastian—Beater.

   Indiana Moreno—Keeper.

   And Thalia Scamander—Seeker.

   The golden group of badgers stood outside of the locker room in the waiting area, going over strategies, techniques, and game plans once more before they were about to be called out into the stadium.

"We have practiced endlessly for months. We have been training so incredibly hard, and all we need is this win, and then we need to win the last match with Gryffindor. And then the cup will be ours. Remember what we have practiced. Remember what we trained. And more importantly, do your best to murder those snakes! Who is with me!" Thalia said.

"Let's go badgers!" The quidditch team chorused.

"Quidditch Cup... here we come."

"Welcome to the fifth Hogwarts Quidditch match of year 2021-2022–Hufflepuff versus Slytherin! As of now on the Leaderboard, we have Gryffindor in first place, Hufflepuff in second, Slytherin in third, and Ravenclaw in fourth. Will the Slytherins be able to catch up seeing as it is their last Quidditch game of the year? Or will Hufflepuff be able to surpass the lions!? It is definitely a fine day for a Quidditch match judging by the glorious weather out, but who will win? Pull your hats and socks on, because we will soon find out!" The commentator, Owen Gordon called out as the crowd cheered and whistled loudly.

"And please let us welcome in the Hufflepuffs!" Owen prompted. Thalia took a deep breath before emerging out onto the Quidditch pitch with the rest of the team following in suit, tightly clutching her broom in her hand. "We have our Chasers: Hunter Davis, Samuel West, and Clarissa Mane! We have our Beaters: Yvette Lin and Bellamy Sebastian! We have our Keeper: Indiana Moreno! And finally we have our Seeker and Quidditch Captain: Thalia Scamander!"

The crowd went absolutely wild as cheering and holler in could be heard from every single corner of the Quidditch stands in the large stadium. Waves of students wore colors of the vibrant canary yellow in support of the badgers, and many of them carried signs and posters, supporting their favorite team members.

   "And we have the opposing team! Please welcome in the Slytherins!" Owen announced as the Slytherin team stepped out onto the Quidditch pitch, walking to the center towards the badgers. "We have our Chasers: Georgiana Selwyn, Malcolm Hart, and Tatiana Nott! We have our Beaters: Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy! We have our Seeker: Marcus Killio! And finally, we have our Keeper and Quidditch Captain: Benjamin Vanity!"

   The crowd also hooted and roared for the Slytherin Quidditch team as they stepped over to the Hufflepuffs. The Slytherins too had a fair amount of supporters. Many students wore the dark emerald green color in support of the snakes, carrying posters and signs as well.

"And introducing our very own Hogwarts Quidditch Professor as our referee for this match: Madame Hooch!"

Madame Hooch walked out onto the field and the spectators cheered yet again as she proceeded to walk over to the middle of both teams, who were glaring at one another in anticipation and determination.

   When Madame Hooch arrived, walking in between the teams and setting the large box that contained the golden snitch, the two bludgers, and the quaffle down on the pitch grass. As she bent to open it, Thalia's eyes wandered around the Quidditch stands, and accidentally catching James' eye and he winked at her. She sent him a haughty look in response, but from the way the corner of her mouth edged up, he grinned back knowing that she was clearly just messing with him.

"Captain... shake hands."

Thalia turned to Vanity and shook his hand, both giving each other a civil nod.

"You know the rules," Madame Hooch said, "No foul play. No cheating. Chasers, as many times with the quaffle in the hoops as you can. Keepers, guard your hoops to prevent the opposite team from scoring their goals. Beaters, keep the bludgers away from your teammates to the best of your ability. And lastly, Seekers, catch the snitch. It's 150 points. The closure of the match is all up to you.

"And ready... GO!" Madame Hooch yelled as she blew the whistle, sending all the balls straight up into the air as the players took off all zooming in different directions.

"AND THEY'RE OFF!"

***

A/N:

I had to revise the Quidditch Match schedule so that Hufflepuff and Gryffindor were to have to last match of the year. So this match is the fifth match of the whole year.

Also I'm not particularly amazing at writing about Quidditch, but I sort of had to add in some Quidditch scenes seeing as my title is literally about Quidditch so... (also I want to write an Oliver Wood story maybe that comes before this book?)

My revised Quidditch Schedule: