Chapter 5

5 - CALL ME CUPID

***

THALIA just stood there, completely stunned by her encounter with the daunting Gryffindor. She cautiously made her way out of the broom closet and fixed her disheveled hair, straightened out her skirt, and tightened her canary yellow tie.

Why did James even do that? Before, it seemed just like teasing and flirting but this entire fiasco shivered Thalia to the bone. What did James mean by what he said? Was he just messing with her brain? It would be surprising if he was. But the way he spoke to her about it caused a icy cold shiver to work it's way down her spine.

She pushed James and every single thought to ever exist about James out of her mind as she continued back on her way to the Great Hall for breakfast. Thalia purposefully avoided looking at the Gryffindor table at all costs in fear of making eye contact with James. She saw Kristina-the only lion sitting with the badgers-and Samuel already sitting at the Hufflepuff table, waiting for their friend to join them.

"Morning, Sleepyhead," Kristina smiled brightly.

"Hello, Tina, Sam," Thalia said with a poker face, hiding any disarrangement from earlier in the broom closet.

"You're later than usual," Sam pointed out.

"Well, the private dorms have to take some getting used to." Thalia chuckled lightly.

"Speaking of private dorms," Kristina said, wiggling her eyebrows, "how was your first night sleeping in the same dorm as James Potter, hm?"

"O-Oh... uhm... it was fine-quiet. Nothing happened." Thalia said.

"Seriously? Nothing happened at all? Cmon! Unbelievable! I thought I would already be an aunt by now!" Kristina huffed.

"Piss off, Ash-Wood," Thalia snapped.

"Damn, someone's feisty today," Samuel commented.

Thalia directed herself away from the two's conversation and decided to brave it by glancing up at the one person she was definitely dreading to make eye contact with. As soon as Thalia looked up, she found James already staring at her, which caused the badger to turn her head down abruptly.

How Thalia Scamander ended up staring at James Sirius Potter while he laughed with his friends who sat beside him? She'll never know-actually... probably a subconscious brain malfunction because she really had no reason to be looking at him, considering that her original plan was to completely avoid James at all cost.

As much as she didn't want to admit it, Thalia did have to say that he definitely had a god-like body and was completely gorgeous, how could he not? He was a Potter and a Weasley. His personality was definitely something else-seeing as he took after the first James Potter and Sirius Black, the kings of Hogwarts during the infamous Disco Era of the 70s.

Nearly every day of every single school year that Thalia had gone through, James Sirius Potter-sometimes along with his friends-pranked the school. The pranks ended up resulting in constant messes that the teachers had to clean up, which obviously lead the dozens and dozens of detentions galore.

Sure he was immature, but he was playful and fun to hang around with.

"If I knew any better, I might say that you fancied him or something," Kristina whispered when she caught Thalia and James' interaction.

Thalia could practically hear the grin in her voice and scoffed. "Like I would ever consider James Sirius Potter in the romantic sense, no, I was zoning out and I happened to be looking in his direction. That's it. End of story,"

"You like him~!" Kristina said in a sing-songy voice followed by a shit-eating grin.

"James is more like a brother to me than anything," Thalia stated firmly.

"Sorry, but you have to admit that he is hot," Kristen said.

"I thought you like girls?"

"I do, but it doesn't mean I can find guys hot! Actually, I might swing both ways. Haven't decided yet."

"I just can't really see him in any other way than a brother. I mean I can't really call him hot either because it would be weird to call your brother hot, y'know."

"Ok, but he is cute tho. Definitely very fit." Kristinapressed.

"I think I want to barf."

"Cmon! He is terribly good-looking! He is rich, hot, good at quidditch, popular, famous, probably good in bed-ow!" Kristina turned her head to look at a glaring Thalia before continuing. "And he's genuinely a nice person. Last year, I saw him comforting a crying Slytherin. It was cute."

"I have known him ever since I was born, Tina... It just... feels weird, I guess."

"One day, Thalia, you will see that you do love him, and you are going to regret ever saying that he is like your brother because I know there's more to this than what it seems."

"Why are you being so optimistic-like you know anything and everything about love?"

"Call me Cupid, Love." Kristina winked.