Chapter 36

36 - STUDY DATE

***

"YOU'VE got a study date with Potter? In a library? As in... James Potter-not the first one, but James Sirius Potter? The idiot of a boy who does not do any schoolwork to save his life?" Kristina said to her best friend, shocked as she, Thalia, and Samuel exited out of Transfiguration together.

"Yes, I am studying with James, Kristina. I have basically told you a hundred million times already," Thalia droned.

"You know, James is actually quite smart. I heard he got all O's on his OWLs-except for History of Magic. Not that I blame him though. Binns is the definition of boredom," Samuel added.

"No way! Potter doesn't have the brain capacity for that!" Kristina joked.

"He's smarter than you give him credit for," Samuel said, "I mean look at all the pranks that he had managed to pull without the teachers even knowing-until after it has been executed of course."

"He's not wrong. He's damn creative with his pranks." Thalia agreed.

"You guys are acting like his loyal followers or something," Kristina grimaced.

"Well, I got to go," Thalia said, "I'll catch up with you two, later."

"Enjoy your study date with Potter!" Kristina called as Thalia began to walk away.

"Not a study date!"

***

"Glad to see you have joined our study date," James smirked as Thalia pulled out a chair in front of him.

"Seriously?" Thalia groaned. "We are here to study. Examinations are coming up in a month and I do not want to fail."

"Oh come on, Thals. Just take a break!"

"We haven't even started yet."

"Haven't you already gotten in the auror academy?" James asked.

"Yes well-"

"See, Thalia?! There is absolutely no need for you to study in the slightest! You're already locked and loaded in for the auror academy! You have nothing to worry about!"

"Well, if I don't do well on my NEWTs, they are obviously going to not let me in. NEWTs determine our futures, James. I know I sound super serious and annoying like this, but we have to do well."

"I can pass without studying."

"Just barely. Don't you want to get in the auror academy too?"

"Yeah I do, but-"

"Well if you do not study, you might not get in, and we will not be able to go together."

"I hate it when you're right."

"Just study, James."

James groaned as Thalia opened up her textbook and immediately dove herself into the contents of the words of the pages that her immersed herself into.

Her arms were folded as they rested on the table, supporting her body that slightly leaned over the book as she gazed down upon it, her eyes scanning over the words of the pages before her.

Subconsciously, she tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear, causing James' heart to flutter.

He took in every feature of the beautiful girl that sat in the chair before him.

As he breathed in her lavender aura, he gazed upon the light freckles that dusted her cheeks and nose as well as the way her nose would twitch every now and then due to the dust overload from the book she was reading.

He had already thought she was deadly attractive in every single way possible before, and now that he finally had her within reach, he found her even more stunning.

He fell in love with every thing about Thalia Scamander. She was the reason he breathed and the reason that he would wake up each and every morning. He loved her insecurities, and her bright, joyful smile. He didn't mind that she would rant about her favorite books or the books she planned to read. He always listened to her visions of the future and her dreams. She would tell him about her favorite songs and celebrities that he hadn't even a clue about, yet he still continued to listen. And he would listen forever and ever.

Thalia Scamander was a drug to James Potter, for he was deadly addicted to her soul. But what was so frustrating was that although she continued to kiss him and flirt with him, she had never once told him that she loved him back. And it slightly pained him every day as he waited for her to reciprocate the three words back to him, yet she never did. He wanted nothing but every single drop of her love, but did she even love him?

"What are you staring at?" Thalia asked, looking up from her book to find James staring at her.

"You are cute when you read." said James genuinely as he lightly smiled.

"You're cute all the time." Thalia smiled back.

Or was that just a lie?