Chapter 21

20 - ACT OF SYMPATHY

***

THOUGH Thalia could never admit it, she had an absolutely amazing time during her time out with James. Never once in her life would she had thought that a date with James Sirius Potter would be so incredibly enjoyable.

The was chivalrous, kind, humorous, playful, and sweet all throughout the date, and Thalia couldn't be more pleased with him.

But now... she was forced the break his heart.

After the two had finished up on the ice, James had taken her to the other Hogsmeade shops in the quaint village such as Honeydukes, Dervish & Banges, and Zonko's joke shop. After their little shopping adventure, the day trip was slowly starting to end, and James lead the girl all the way back up to the castle.

"I had a really really great time with you Thalia," James smiled, "And I think that you did too. I really hope that we can do this again sometime soon."

A guilty pang ran through Thalia's stomach again, and she shuffled awkwardly and looked down the the snow below her.

When she kept silent, James was confused and spoke again, "Hello? Earth to Thalia? Did you hear what I just said? I was wondering if we could do this again sometime soon? I would very much like to, and I'm sure you would too considering how well today went."

"I can't." Thalia replied shortly.

"Wait what?" James asked, puzzled. "I thought we got along really well. And today was so great. Why wouldn't you want to go on another date?"

"Look... I just... I don't like you in that way," Thalia lied.

"Wait if you didn't like me, then why did you ask me out?"

"Look, I dunno James. After all these years, I thought maybe I'd finally give you a chance to see whether I liked you or not, and well, today proved that I didn't. I think I find you as more of a brother." She lied again.

"A brother?"

Lies. Lies. Lies.

"Well, yeah, and I felt bad too so..."

"So this date was all just some stupid act of sympathy or what?"

"No! James I didn't mean that! I just-I just meant that... y'know... all these years you've been super loyal to me, and every single time I had rejected you. I felt really bad about that considering how many times I had hurt you these past few years, so I thought why not finally give him what he asked for."

"So this was just some stupid little act of sympathy."

"No, James! That's not what I meant at all!"

"You just explained to me what you perfectly meant Thalia."

"No, James! I'm sorry!" Thalia pleaded.

"No, Thalia. You have absolutely no room to talk," James snarled, "I can't believe that I actually had hope that you liked me. I can't even believe that I actually liked you. First you ever so rudely didn't bother to open a gift that I spent days trying to pick out. Now you just played me. I think we are done here. I am tired of all the excuses. You and Tosspot Clarke really suit each other."

"Wait, James! Let's talk about this-"

"Enough, Thalia." James said venomously before stalking away back into the castle, leaving Thalia standing there in tears.

***

A/N:

This fic and my Prince Caspian fic have blown up a ton recently, but I hope you guys realize that I am using very overused plotlines. For the Prince Caspian fic, it's obvious-I follow the exact dialogue of the movie, yet just added Astoria in. For this fic, I'm using the James pines after Thalia until she finally gives in same dorm kind of thing. It's evident that my fic will definitely be a whole lot similar to several other fics, but if you could just comment or pm me which ones are similar I will go check them out (I don't read Next Gen), and I will go change mine to make it different. (I'm willing to change mine seeing as this book is very new and they probably came up with everything first.)

Anyways James is heartbroken haha... </3