Chapter 40

40 — LOVE NOTES

***

   "THALIA?" James called as he knocked on her dorm room. "Thalia?" He knocked again. He stood there for a minute or two, and he curiously decided to adventure into her room.

   Sure he felt guilty walking in without her permission, but it's not like she wasn't in there anyway.

   What she didn't know couldn't hurt her, yeah?

   Her room was plain and simple. The plain white sheets that covered the bed was made neatly. In one corner stood a bookshelf with a decent selection of her favorite books from back home, and she had a few pictures on the wall of her and her friends and family above a large dresser.

   There was one of her and Kristina hugging and laughing right next to the Hogwarts Express at the start of their second year. There was also another one of her and her mother, both holding a few Bowtruckles. There were also pictures of her and the Weasley's (there are way too many of them to count at this point).

   And right, dead center in the middle, stood one larger picture, standing out from the rest.

   It was James and Thalia.

   But no, it was not just any picture.

   It was an exact replica of the picture that James had placed in the locket that he had gifted Thalia for Christmas. The same one where toddler versions of both Thalia and James were running around together in the snow as they threw snowballs at each other.

   James smiled at it, placing his hands on the dresser to steady himself as he eyed at the picture hanging up on the wall.

   But something else caught his attention as his gaze shifted to a yellow gift box that sat on her dresser. He furrowed his eyebrows in curiosity as picked up the box and walked over to the bed, sitting down before placing the box on his lap. He lifted off the cover and inside was a large amount of small folded pieces of parchment.

   Curiously, he took one out and unfolded it.

   hey gorgeous,

    you look pretty today. you always do, but today your skin is glowing like the sun and i like it. a lot.

- james

   She had actually kept these silly little notes that he had sent to her as little jokes after all these years?

   future wife,

    you look deadass fine in that little skirt of yours. totally not horny right now, but you look really great in it. the color brings out your eyes. i just thought you should know.

- james

   pretty girl,

     i was walking past you and your friends at hogsmeade today (i was definitely not stalking you), and i remember my heart fluttering when i saw the bright smile on your face when sam made a funny joke.

     your smile could light up the world... my world... just kidding... it already has.

- james

   future girlfriend,

     i saw you talking to that jack harolds today during potions class, and i am sorry that i sent him to the hospital. i was jealous, and i know that you were partners, but he was definitely trying to hit on you. you know that i could never let that happen, because no one is going to steal my girl... future girl.

- james

P.S. i apologize again.

   hottest girl at hogwarts,

     you looked so good at the quidditch match today. i love the way that your hair shines and flows in the wind when you play. not to mention you were totally badass when you completely decimated those pity little ravenclaws down to the pulp. that's my girl! and though you definitely scare me with your quidditch skills, you gotta love thy rival as the saying goes. and i definitely love you.

- james

   my love,

     you know, it kinda hurts when you reject me everyday, but it's okay because i still love you, and i don't think that i will ever stop. you will fall for me one day thalia scamander, and i won't stop trying until my very last breath.

- james

***

A/N:

Hey besties. I uploaded the Prologue of Mischief Managed. It's on my profile! Go and check it out :)