Chapter 33

33 - SKINNY DIPPING IN THE BLACK LAKE

***

ON the banks of the Black Lake sat three lone friends against a large tree. Although it was a warm sunny day, Thalia, Samuel, and Kristina positioned themselves so that they were in the shade.

"I feel like it's been forever since we have all hung out together-just us," Samuel sighed.

"You see, Sammy. That's on you. Tina and I aren't the ones always busy with their lover," Thalia said playfully.

"Fair enough," Samuel shrugged, "Krissy might be all alone soon considering you and James are together now."

"Sadly enough, James hasn't asked our lovely Thalia here to be his girlfriend yet," Kristina sighed.

"Seriously? Don't you too shag each other like everyday or something?" Samuel raised a brow.

"Only once," Thalia grumbled.

"Well, I thought you two were dating. The entirety of Hogwarts thinks so." Samuel said.

"Well, he hasn't asked yet."

"Why don't you just ask him?" Kristina suggested. "Forget about the gender antics. The girl can ask the guy out too, y'know. We don't have to wait around."

"I dunno. I just want to be asked by him, yeah?" Thalia huffed.

"You flirt nonstop at this point. Like last night? Drawing on him? That was wild." Sam laughed.

"Speaking of wild... Thalia. I want you to do something wild. I'm bored." Kristina smirked as she noticed James walking their way from the corner of her eye.

"I'm interested," Thalia said as she grinned mischievously shuffling up against the tree to sit up straight.

"100 galleons for you to go skinny dipping in the lake," Kristina laughed looking slyly at Thalia, knowing she would never back out.

"Say sike, right now."

"Nope. 100 galleons."

"Do you even have that much money on you?"

"Maybe. Maybe not."

"Are you sure?"

"100 galleons. Come on."

"If I get drowned by the mermaids or some wackass grindylow, I will haunt you for the rest of you life."

"Ooooo! Ghost Thalia! I'm terrified!"

"You know what-"

"Oh dear," Samuel said, tearing his eyes away from Thalia as she began to undress herself, throwing her clothes and underwear on the grass then wading into the freezing waters of the Black Lake.

"No way! She actually did it!" Samuel yelled out, wide-eyed.

"Is the Giant Squid getting a good view?!"

"It's freezing!" Thalia cried.

Samuel and Kristina cackled as they doubled over in laughter to which Thalia glared at them in response.

"Where is TikTok and Instagram when you need it."

"There's no WiFi at Hogwarts."

"They should really invest in some cell-phone towers here then."

"Enough chit-chat, you two. Grab me my clothes and pay up! A towel would be nice too by the way!" Thalia called as she shivered from the shivery temperatures of the lake water.

"Yeah, yeah later," Kristina waved as she turned and started walking back towards the direction of the castle with Thalia's clothes in her hand. "Sam get your ass over here!"

"Wait so are we just leaving her?"

"Yeah no duh! Let's get a move on! Things to do, places to visit, people to see!"

"Tina, don't you dare. Kristina-Kristina-Oi-Kristina! Get your ass back here right now! Sam come on, please. Sam don't leave me here! Sam-Sam! Fuck both of you!"

Booming echoes of laughter and cackling in the distance could be heard as Kristina and Samuel left Thalia stuck in the water.

"Yep, I am definitely going to die of hypothermia," Thalia mumbled.

"Thalia?" A voice cut through her thoughts as she looked up to find James stood there with a grin and wife-eyes.

"Oh hey James! Totally not skinny dipping in here. Y'know... I think I am going to freeze very soon. Mind stealing my clothes back from Kristina?"

"Definitely not skinny dipping..." James nodded suspiciously.

"Well what are you waiting for?! Go get me my clothes!"

"Oh yes!" James said as she sprinted off after Kristina and Samuel.

A few minutes later, James came running back with Thalia's clothes in hand. He set them down on the grass, just by the shore of the lake.

"Alright, so I did have to wrestle Kristina, and dear goodness is she strong-what the fuck!" James cried as he was abruptly pulled into the water.

He shook his wet hair when his face resurfaced from the water. "It's fucking freezing!" He shivered. "Your clothes are probably wet now form the splash."

"At least I have clothes."

"Why did you do that? You are absolutely mad!"

"Why not?"

"Are you insane Thalia? Tell me! Why would you do that-"

He was cut off when Thalia grabbed the sides of his face and pressed her lips onto his.

"I mean... it's skinny dipping in the Black Lake. What could be any better than this?"

***

A/N:

Please go to my reading list.