Chapter 8

8 - THE FIRST DATE

***

MUCH to Thalia's surprise she managed to get asked out by Thomas Clarke, a fellow seventh year Ravenclaw and also a prefect. He came up to Thalia after a meeting and asked her out on a date to Hogsmeade, and obviously, she said yes.

She was in the Ravenclaw tower, in Lily's and Rose's dorm because they insisted that they would help the older girl with her date. Lorcan was present too, reading a book as he watched the two red-heads squeal around.

Since it was the end of October, the weather in Scotland was slightly unpredictable, but today it was snowing, so Thalia didn't have a wide-span range of clothes to wear since she had to cover it all up with robes or a coat anyway.

"Makeup! Makeup! Makeup! You're going to look absolutely gorgeous, Thals!" Lily squealed.

"Girls..." Lorcan muttered.

"Shut up, Lorcan." Rose snapped as Thalia chuckled.

"Do you like him?" Lily asked, excitedly.

"Obviously not that way. I barely even know him. That's why I'm going on this date." Thalia replied.

"Well, apparently he cheated on his last girlfriend, Emerson Smith from my year," Rose said.

"We aren't even dating yet, Rosie," Thalia said.

"I just don't want you to get hurt, okay?" Rose said, softly.

Thalia put a hand on the concerned red-head's shoulder as Lily was warning Lorcan to hold back James and Lysander from attacking Thomas, because let's face it-they probably planned a full sabotage already.

When Lily and Rose finished dressing Thalia like a doll, they finally let her go to go join her date who was waiting at the castle doors for her.

"Hey Thalia," Thomas nodded his head.

"Hello, Thomas," Thalia smiled.

"I have the whole date planned out already. We are first going to go to Honeydukes, Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop, then the Three Broomsticks, and after maybe check out Dervish and Banges and Gladrags if we still have time."

"Sounds like a plan," Thalia smiled.

Thomas grinned brightly and took her hand, and he led her all the way down to the Hogsmeade village.

The walk there was nice. Thomas was quite sweet and friendly-not to mention, quite humorous as well.

They were just about to enter into the village, when Thomas suddenly slipped and fell into the snow with a large groan.

"Oh my! Are you alright?" Thalia said as she stuck out her hand to help him up which he took as he stumbled to get himself back on his two feet.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened." Thomas said as he brushed the snow off of his jacket, leaving him drenched and freezing.

"You're freezing! How about we rush on over to the Three Broomsticks for some butter beers to get you warmed up?" Thalia suggested.

"Y-Yeah," he said, as his teeth chattered from the frigid weather and ice-cold robes that he wore.

Thalia held onto the shivering boy to keep him warm as she guided him through the Hogsmeade entrance and into Madame Rosemerta's pub, The Three Broomsticks.

The pub was quite filled, so she decided to pick a spot at the bar.

"H-Hello, R-Rosem-merta," Thomas said as he reached into his jacket to pull his wallet out. "Two butterbeers, please."

"Oh no, no, no!" Thalia said, as she grabbed his wrist to prevent him from searching his pockets for his wallet. "I'll pay for my own drink."

"No, no, no! I insist! Please, let this be on me. It is a date after all. It is only right if I buy you your drink." Thomas protested.

"Are you sure?" Thalia raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I insist!" Thomas said still searching his robe pockets. "If I just knew where my wallet would be...."

The butter beer came, and Thomas spent another 5 minutes emptying out his robe pockets, still searching for his wallet, but much to his dismay, his wallet was no where to be found.

"Where is it!" Thomas yelled out, frustratedly.

"Oh, Thomas. Let me pay. It's alright." Thalia said as she handed Rosemerta 4 sickles.

"I am so terribly sorry, Thalia. I don't know why my day has been going so horribly today! Usually I am much better than this." He sighed.

"Usually?" Thalia questioned.

"Well I've taken a ton of girls out here before and stuff."

"Oh..."

"Oh! Please don't think of it that way! I was just trying to find the right person, you know?"

"Oh, okay then."

Suddenly, Thalia watched as Thomas' head transfigured into a massive pumpkin head. She immediately turned to see who casted the curse on him as she screamed for help-specifically looking for James and Lysander-but they were nowhere to be found, so it couldn't have been them.

Everyone in the pub started panicking and racing out of the building at the sight of a passed out Thomas Clarke with a huge pumpkin head.

What a lovely first date... gone absolutely wrong...