Chapter 38

38 — SHOOTING STAR

***

   JAMES was utterly bored in detention as he sat in one of the many empty rooms within the walls of the castle polishing trophies. He didn't complain though, for he knew that pranks always had consequences. But Filch was a total asshole making him clean all of the awards of the past Hogwarts students. As Filch continued to drone on about how much he would rather put James in shackles in the dungeons, the Gryffindor instead thought about how he could advise the squib on a new skincare routine because his skin was definitely not the most flawless thing around.

   After what felt like centuries, Filch had finally dismissed him, and he then began to wonder how the cranky old man was not dead yet when the door to the classroom suddenly swung open to reveal Thalia.

   James quirked a brow in confusion as he made eye contact with the girl, and he was just about to ask what she was doing there, but Filch had beaten him to it.

   "Scamander? What are you doing here?" Filch sniffed.

   "Oh—er—sorry Mr. Filch. I'm here to pick up James," Thalia replied.  

   "What would you want anything to with this rascal? You know what? I don't care. Get out! The both of you!" Filch grumbled, ushering James out.

   "Enjoyed our date, Filchy-poo!" James snickered as he closed the door behind him.

   "Do you not have patrolling?" James asked as he walked alongside Thalia.

   "Uhm... well, I had to study for exams, so I asked the prefects to cover for me. And since I finished early, I thought that I would come visit you." said Thalia.

    "Is that all?" James smirked.

"Well I guess I wanted to see you and stuff," Thalia mumbled.

   "Ah yes. Can't get enough of me I see. Your undying love for me is unmistakable Thalia Scamander," James grinned.

"You are definitely something else, James Potter," Thalia laughed.

"There's not much that we can do really, seeing as curfew is soon, but do you want to do something?" asked James.

"James Sirius Potter? Following the rules? Wanting to get back to our dorm before curfew? This is absolutely unheard of!" Thalia exclaimed.

"Hey, I'm not that bad! I mean, I did get Head Boy for a reason, yeah?" James said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"McGonagall was definitely out of her mind when she decided to place you in that position," Thalia mumbled to herself.

"Come again?" James asked, not able to hear what the girl had said.

    "Nothing," Thalia said, "How about we go outside? The weather is warming up, so it shouldn't be too cold outside. We can gaze at the stars." 

   "Like those cheesy romantic couples in those Wattpad books?" James smirked. "You really tryna create an image I see."

   "What is Wattpad?" Thalia questioned.

"People who like to read dirty stuff go on that site," James winked.

"Horny teenagers," Thalia sighed.

"Says you," James shot.

"Oh shoot, I don't think we will make it back in time before curfew ends," Thalia said, looking at her watch.

"What they don't know won't hurt them," James mused.

   "What happened to James—the one who was worried about curfew not even two seconds ago?"

   "Darling, you should know that I was never one to follow the rules."

***

   The two conversed all the way on their journey to the Quidditch pitch where they sat down on the grass to look up the the glorious view of the dark evening sky.

Bright glowing stars dusted the dark navy blue canvas; the stars had a faint, silver tint, and they looked as if the sky were crying glowing tears. The illuminating full moon sat low in the sky, casting a faint glow on the Quidditch pitch, and needless to say, the two couldn't have been more at peace as they sat on the lush grass of the evening.

James looked to the star-struck—quite literally—girl that sat beside him. The radiant moonlight illuminated her onto her skin causing it to glow, free of any imperfections. Her cheeks rosy from the light breeze that brushed past them, and her lips parted breathing in the fresh spring air. Thalia had it all—fame, money, good grades, and a kind loving personality to tie it all together. She was basically perfection... and she always had been.

So could you really blame James Potter for loving the girl for all these years without giving up?

   Thalia flicked his forehead lightly with her finger. "Earth to James? Hello?"

   "Oh, sorry about that..." he mumbled.

   "I know that I have a lovely face, but if I wanted you to stare at it, I would have taken a picture and displayed it in a museum," she joked.

   "Humor is on point, Thals," James chuckled as he shook his head.

   "So what 'La-La Land' did you disappear off to?" She smiled as she turned her eyes back to the star ridden atmosphere above her.

   "Oh—I dunno..." he stammered gaining his composure.

Suddenly, a bright glimmer shot across the dark blue sky.

"A shooting star!" Thalia exclaimed excitedly, as she pointed to the sky. "Make a wish!"

"I wish that we will never part ways. In this lifetime or another," James wistfully said.

"You aren't supposed to say your wish, silly! Now it won't come true!" Thalia said, lightly slapping his arm.

"R-right s-sorry," James stuttered, "I just... y'know—don't want to lose you."

   Thalia chuckled at James' nervous attitude, for it was quite refreshing for Thalia to see a different side of James—not always boastful and cocky. "You won't." she whispered.

A comfortable silence fell over the pair as the stared into the sky before Thalia broke the silence yet again. "It's beautiful," Thalia murmured, referring to the sky.

   "Yeah, it is..." James breathed out, not taking his eyes off of Thalia.

***

A/N:

Recycled chapter from one of my old books but it's okay because it's not plagiarism and I deleted it.

I LOVE THIS CHAPTER A LOTTTT TEEHEE FLUFFFFFFFF

Also wow we hit 40k! Thank you! <3