Chapter 45

45 — CATCH THE SNITCH

***

   "DAMN, how are they all so fast? Mane is up and flying with the Quaffle in possession as she weaves her way through Ash-Wood and Creevey—oh! She inches up to the posts. Will Scamander be able to block it? And she scores! The score is now at 0 — 10 with the badgers in the lead! Hufflepuff is off to a brilliant start!"

  Thalia sat, hovering on her broomstick, high above the pitch, as she gazed upon the arena for the tiny little gleam of gold that she was desperate to catch, but it was no where in sight as of the moment.

   "Don't even bother to look for it. We all already know who's going to win this," James smirked, casually flying past her.

   Thalia rolled her eyes. "Oh please—"

   Suddenly, James' eyes went wide, his mouth parting slightly before he zoomed straight past Thalia.

   "It seems as if James Potter has seen the snitch? Already? Scamander seems to be in shock, yet she chases after him! Wait—he stopped?! Has he lost sight of the snitch? No? He was just fooling us all? Sneaky bastard... no cussing? Why not?! All eleven year olds probably listen to their parents mouth off anyway! I mean we are British for Godric's sake!"

   "Gotcha," James winked, with a prominent grin as he flew past Thalia, who was fuming with anger and frustration.

   "Just watch me win, and you will shut up in a flash," Thalia retorted, sticking her tongue out playfully at him.

   "West passes to Davis! Ash-Wood intercepts! The Quaffle is now in possession of the Gryffindors! Will they make their first shot? They are falling behind by 30 points... But it is now their chance to catch up! Ash-Wood passes it to Weasley! And he makes the shot—oh! Moreno blocks it! Safe! We are still at 0 — 30!" Owen loudly said. "Let's go badgers! Take that you stuck up Gryffindors! What? The commentators cannot be biased? Seriously? Look, I'm tryna impress my future date here. I'm a simp. Deal with it."

Thalia chuckled and rolled her eyes. Of course, Owen was going to be biased—not that she minded anyway.

She turned to James who was gripping his broom so tightly that his knuckles were turning white. His jaw was clenched tightly, and Thalia snorted at his jealousy. Owen was just teasing, and it was hilarious to see James all worked up.

"He is just kidding," Thalia assured.

"Yeah well, I'm not kidding when I say that I'm going to bash his head into a wall with my bare fists if he makes just one more remark about you," James muttered.

Every now and then, Thalia would glance back down to the game that chorused on beneath her. She smiled to herself as she kept looking for the snitch because the Hufflepuffs were still in the lead. Gryffindor has made some shots, but Hufflepuff was ahead by a decent amount.

The match was a lot more smooth, compared to the previous competition with the Slytherins. Gryffindors weren't the type to cheat or play dirty, so the match was fair. However, they were very determined to crush the Hufflepuffs. But the Hufflepuffs were experts with teamwork and had a certain fire in their hearts that the Gryffindors did not.

It was time for the badgers to prove to the entire population of Hogwarts that they were not pushovers and doormats.