Chapter 22

22 - WHERE DO BROKEN HEARTS GO?

***

WELL, Thalia had certainly fucked up...

And this was probably the worst part...

What she had done to him was cruel-maybe even unforgivable. It was not fair to James at all. He had been nothing but the best possible human being to her, yet she continued to break him over and over again.

She had really done it this time.

And well... James wasn't the only one with a broken heart because now Thalia did too, for now her chance with James was ruined forever all because of a stupid dare.

So where do broken hearts go?

To their best friends of course.

After James stalked away from Thalia, she just stood there, absolutely heartbroken.

How could she be so stupid?

Shaking her head in despair, she ran away to the Gryffindor Tower and after trudging up the long flights of moving stairs, Thalia had just managed to slip through the portrait hole.

Thalia caught sight of Kristina sitting on the Gryffindor couch playing a game of Exploding Snap with another fellow Gryffindor friend of hers.

"Oh, Thals!" Kristina greeted when she noticed Thalia. But when the Gryffindor girl saw her best friend's solemn face, she grew concerned, "Oh no, girlie. What's wrong?"

"Your dare is what happened..."

"Oh... I actually saw James storming in here earlier. He looked pretty upset."

"Was he okay?"

"Some people said that he was crying, but I dunno if I heard right or not."

"Oh, my Godric. Tina, I broke him," Thalia choked.

"Wait was it the dare that I gave you?"

"Yeah no shit Sherlock."

"Wait today was Valentine's Day?!"

"Yeah, why?"

"Uhm... Lysander asked to hang out after curfew..." Kristina admitted, awkwardly.

"I'm happy for you, Krissy," Thalia smiled lightly, but looked down at the floor again weakly.

"Alright, alright. Enough about me. We are talking about you," Kristina said, "What happened during the date?"

"We has the best time, really. It was absolutely incredible. We went to The Three Broomsticks first for a butter beer. Then we decided to walk by the Black Lake and did some ice skating. He taught me how to skate, Tina! And then we went back to the village and he browsed through the shops."

"Then why were you both upset. Your guys' date sounded amazing-oh-I forgot the condition of the dare... you had to play and then break his heart."

"Why did you have to dare me to do that, Kristina!"

"Look, I'm sorry! It was just a harmless little dare!"

"Not harmless in the slightest!"

"Look, I'm really sorry-"

"You can't change what you did and what happened! He hates me now! Our friendship is done for!"

"Just try to talk to him, okay?"

"That's all the advice you've got?"

"Words are more useful that what you think, Thals."

"Stupid dare."

And unbeknownst the two girls, it turns out James Potter had been listening the whole time as he hid behind the wall from the boys' dormitory stairs.

After he had left Thalia, he had gone to Lysander for comfort, yet he wasn't in his dorm when James arrived, so just as he was about to head back out he overheard Kristina's and Thalia's conversation.

They played him.

She played his heart.

And that fact alone, just made everything a whole lot worse.

James Potter was pissed.

And when a Potter is pissed, one should run in the other direction.

No one... messes with James Sirius Potter.

***

A/N:

Lol this chapter is boring (also one direction title because I'm still obsessed) but the next chapter is gonna be very very fun hehe.

Also thank you sooo much for 6k reads like whhaaaattt?!

I currently have a James Potter (I) x Slytherin OC in my drafts, and I sort of want to post it when I maybe finish this one or when I finish one of my other books.

Then I also have my Time Turner series which I am very much procrastinating on, but that's going to take a long time to write, so bear with me until I can write them.