Chapter 25

25 - LIBRARY SHENANIGANS

***

NO ONE knew except Kristina knew that it was actually the one and only James Sirius Potter that had given Thalia Scamander the hickey that was displayed just below her jawline on that lovely school day.

And Kristina could not stop teasing or taunting her best friend about the fact that she was very much in love.

Of course, Thalia had never actually told James that she did love him back out of pure fear that he might back away once he knew that his chasing was complete and then walk away, but she knew deep down in her little badger heart that she loved him and that she was his.

Ever since that night, James and Thalia could not keep their hands off of each other seeing that in between periods, they would end up finding themselves in random broom closets or the Room of Requirement.

(So much for McGonagall asking them to be responsible.)

And for a while, they had kept everything secret and under the wraps.

Until today.

***

Thalia sat in the library during one of her free periods, working on quite a tedious potions assignment which she had very much procrastinated on for the longest time.

Suddenly her studying was interrupted when a chair was pulled out in front of her table. She looked up from her work in confusion to find Thomas Clarke sitting right in front of her.

"Scamander," Thomas said.

"Clarke..." Thalia said hesitantly. "What can I do for you?"

"So you and Potter now, huh?" Thomas prompted.

"Are you serious?"

"No that's Potter's middle name."

"Please shut up. And if I recall, you were the one who blew me off in the first place, so if you really going to ask for me back, the answer is a no, Clarke." Thalia snapped as she got up and grabbed her things to leave the table and get away from the boy.

"But I can do so much better than Potter!" He insisted, following her. "I'm better than him in every single way, and I can promise that I will prove it."

"No, Clarke. You will never be better than James, for he will always be a thousand times the person that you will ever be. You were the one who hurt my feelings on the first place, and guess who comforted me? James! So I think he did much better than you seeing that he hasn't hurt me like you did!"

"We never even liked each other!"

"Then why are you so concerned about me and James? And why are you begging for a second chance!"

"Because I-"

"Is there a problem here?" A voice asked, interrupting Thomas.

Thalia turned around to see James, and she couldn't be more relieved to see his face.

"Potter." Thomas glared.

"Clarke. You're a tosspot. And I don't like tosspots. Now leave Thalia alone," James leered.

"You're not her father. You can't tell her what to do," Thomas shot.

"That's not what she said in bed last night."

Thomas sent a disgusted glare at both Thalia and James before leaving in a hurried manner.

When Thalia knee that for sure he was gone, Thalia slapped his chest, "Why would you say that! We haven't even done anything!"

He turned on his heel and stared at Thalia with his angry, intense eyes, and he slammed the girl up to the nearest bookcase and smashed his lips into hers. He had pinned her smaller frame up against the bookcase with no way of escaping as his mouth forcefully moved against hers fircely. His hands were practically everywhere from her hips, her waist, her shoulders, her hair, and her neck.

"James-" Thalia groaned between kisses.

"Shut up," he angrily mumbled back.

He finally pulled back to gasp for air, and he stared into her lidded, glazed eyes as she breathed heavily.

"James." Thalia gasped out. "What's gotten into you?"

In the shadows of the poorly lit library, he could just barely make out her flushed face although it was so close to hers. He could smell the sweet lavender fragrance she embodied, and then he pressed his lips into hers, this time his tongue in her mouth-not bothering to give an answer to Thalia's question.

Thalia immediately melted into his touch, and goodness gracious, she loved it, but, she didn't want to get caught, for this was a public library. She brought her hands up to his shoulders and tried to push him off of her.

James reacted and pulled away, confused. "What is it?" he asked.

"Not here, James." She panted. Her protests faltered as he moved his face under her jawline and started attacking the exposed skin there, nibbling and biting at her soft skin.

"James." Thalia groaned out, trying her best to not give into his touch. "James we are in a public space, and we have to get to class."

"Fuck class."

***

A/N:

I really hope nobody I know will ever see this chapter. This makes me cringe so much, but most people join Wattpad for smut anyway... and this is the most that you guys are getting out of me LOL. (even though it's not really smut but yk.)

Also why is James so possessive-like hun... you are definitely not your dad's son. (1-book Ginny ~ 0-Harry)