Chapter 9

8 - TOSSPOT CLARKE

***

THOMAS Clarke was immediately escorted to the Hospital Wing as soon as the professors had found out news of the pumpkin incident.

Thalia felt extremely terrible that Thomas was hurt like that. And she felt an extreme surge of hate and enragement towards the person that hexed him and ruined her perfectly lovely date.

She wasn't allowed to visit Thomas until the next day, due to him currently being healed and his parents wanting to visit him, so she just decided to crash early in her dorm room.

And of course, she walked in on James Potter napping on their common room sofa, and she halted in shock.

Shirtless.

Thalia wasn't one to blush at all, but she could literally feel the heat rising up to her cheeks as she stared at his toned abs and very very very very very very very large biceps.

She was so engrossed by his body that she didn't even notice that James had woken up.

"Ah, come to see the show?" James smirked.

"Oh fuck off, Potter." Thalia grumbled, as she rushed to the door to her room, but James spoke again before she could lock herself away in her bedroom in complete and utter embarrassment and misery.

"You're blushing." He pointed out.

"Thanks for stating the obvious."

"You like what you see."

"No I don't." Thalia said, trying to be rid her flushed cheeks.

"Yes you do."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"No."

"Yes-Oh my goodness, Potter, you complete arsehole!" Thalia yelled out, completely annoyed by James.

He smirked, "You just admitted it. Face it, Scamander. You like me."

"Well, I'll have you know that I went out on a date, and I roughly enjoyed it."

"Roughly?"

"Well except for the shitty parts, yes-I enjoyed the time that we did manage to spend time together with no mishaps."

"I thought the pumpkin head was kinda funny."

"How do you know about Thomas' head turning into a pumpkin?"

"Uh... rumors. There were some kids talking about it 'n stuff."

"Uh-huh...."

There was an awkward moment of silence before James started speaking again. "Do you fancy, Clarke?"

"Nah. He's not really the person for me. Don't get me wrong, he's truly a sweet and wonderful person to hang around with, but I see him as nothing more than just a friend, y'know. Like you and I suppose."

"So if you don't fancy him, who do you really fancy?"

"No one."

"Are you sure?"

"Why are you questioning my love life with so much intensity?"

"Merely just curious."

"More like trying to see whether you still have a chance with me or not."

"I would never do that!"

"Sure..."

"Okay fine, but I need to know whether the girl of my dreams is going to be stolen away from me or not."

"I'm not the girl of your dreams, Potter."

"The issue here is that you are the girl that I dream about every night."

"That's creepy."

"Not really."

"Well, I find it creepy that you just dream about me!"

"You should be flattered that you are even in them. Girls would kill to even just receive a smile from me."

"You're so big headed."

"You love me."

"I really don't."

"So you love Clarke then?"

"No! I don't! Why are you so obsessed with him and my love life?"

"I told you already. Just curious."

"Mhm sure."

"Would you go on a date with him again?" James asked as he hit his lip, anxious as he awaited for her answer.

"Are you jealous?" She smirked.

"Just answer the god damn question," he said frustratedly.

"Okay, okay! Chill out, dude." Thalia said putting her arms up in defense. "And to answer your question, yes I would-at least if he wants to, but I'm not sure he would want to considering how horribly our date just went. Even if we don't go anywhere, I'd love to stay friends with him."

"Why would you want to even go out with Tosspot Clarke?"

"Shut up, Potter."