Chapter 37

37 — GIRLS DAY AT HOGSMEADE

***

THE girls were having the times of their lives while they browsed through the endless amount of products in all the shops at the Hogsmeade Village. (Thalia, Dominque, Rose, and Lily all decided to have a girls day at Hogsmeade because they all agreed that boys were stupid.)

   They were in the infamous Honeydukes, browsing through all the limitless aisles of drool-worthy sweets.

   "Oh my Godric! They just restocked on Sugar Quills and their own chocolate! There are so many Cauldron Cakes and Chocolate Cauldrons in stock too! Ick! Toothflossing Stringmints and Blood Lollis... Even worse—Fudge Flies, Acid Pops, and Cockroach Clusters... Who would eat that? But look at all the Liquorice Wands! And the best one! Chocolate Frogs! I can't wait to get all my hands on these goodies!" Kristina squealed in delight as she scanned the shop for all her favorite candies.

   "You are very excited aren't you?" Lily giggled.

"Someone is going to get cavities," Rose muttered under her breath so that no one could hear her.

   "Can you blame her, though? We just have good taste in food. I mean, you can't go wrong with candy at all... maybe besides the Fudge Flies and the Cockroach Clusters, but everything else isn't that bad..." Dominque ranted, eagerly.

"Jelly slugs sound disgusting though," Lily grimaced.

"The Jelly Slugs look and sound disgusting and all, but if it is jelly, it's bound to taste good, yeah?" Thalia mused.

"All I know is that all these lollis are bound to give us all cavities," Rose said.

"Rose, I love you, but stop acting like your mum, and have some fun. I mean, this is a Hogsmeade trip—not a bloody exam." Dominque said.

"I am not acting like my mum!" Rose protested.

All her friends shot her a look that clearly read, 'Bitch please,' which made Rose bite her lip and stare at the ground.

"Okay maybe a bit," she admitted quietly.

They continued to browse through the endless rows of sweets as they picked out the products they wanted to pay for. Kristina and Dominique got a bit of each candy, Thalia picked up a few chocolate frogs and chocolate cauldrons (as you can see, she absolutely loves chocolate), Rose got some tooth flossing stringmints, and lastly, Lily got some Honeydukes chocolate and sugar quills along with a couple of liquorice wands.

When they all payed for their goodies, they made their way over to Madame Puddifoot's for some tea. (It was Rose's request because she claimed that Butterbeer had way too much sugar in it, but Thalia blamed her dentist grandparents.)

Many people tended to despise the tea shop in the past due to the overdose of pink, lovesick couples, and romance, but the tea shop definitely had been through some remodeling in the past, and the once frilly pink tea shop now had a lovely aesthetic cottage core vibe. Pastel flowers and nature themed prints covered the shop. The wallpaper had a light airy sage green color, and the ceiling was covered in cute fairy lights. Although the shop looked undeniably pretty, it was for sure not Thalia's taste. Not to mention that the lovesick couples did not drive themselves away.

"I can go grab us a table if you guys like," Thalia suggested.

"Alright," Dominque nodded, "I will order for me. You can pay me back after. What do you want?"

"I will take a Jasmine tea if they have any. Maybe a slice of cake on the side as well if you don't mind. I am quite hungry,"Thalia said.

"Alright. Sounds like a plan then." Dominque smiled as she, Rose, Kristina, and Lily walked up to the front of the teashop to order and pay.

Thalia got a booth and began to pick at her nails as she awaited for her friends to come back.

"We are back!~" Kristina chorused carrying a whole cake in hand (yes, for herself).

"Why do you have a whole—"

"Because I can! Plus I am hungry. I am sure I can work off the extra pounds by yelling at you," she shrugged.

"You do you, boo."

"I have your food," Dominque said, placing a slice of cheesecake and a small cup of tea down on the table.

"Thanks, Dom. How much was everything?"

"3 galleons."

"Alright then," Thalia said as she reached into her pocket to grab some money to give it to her friend. "3 galleons," she said as she slid the currency across the table to Dominque.

They all sat down at the table to eat their food together, talking about anything and everything from their favorite foods and drinks to their favorite music artists, and to quidditch.

"I am glad that we got to do this," Rose smiled, brightly.

   "As well as I," Dominque agreed. "Seeing as Thalia, Kristina, and I are leaving Hogwarts in a month after NEWTs, I am glad that we got a day off."

   "Are you nervous to graduate?" asked Lily.

   Thalia shook her head and smiled, "I have accomplished everything I thought that I ever could. I got into the auror academy, I got Quidditch Captain, and—"

   "And you found love," interrupted Kristina who was wiggling her eyebrows.

   "Whatever," Thalia said, shaking her head as she chuckled slightly, "And I have you guys. I'm glad that I get to finish my chapter here at Hogwarts on such a high note."

   "Do you regret anything?" Rose asked.

   "I wouldn't change anything for the world."

***

A/N:

Hey besties, I'm back 💃

Random filler because I have no clue what I write anymore to get to 50 chapters, but I need more Thalia and friends content.