Chapter 4

4 - PRINCESS

***

THALIA awoke bright and early the next day for her dreadful first day of classes. She slipped on her uniform and tied her disheveled blonde hair into a loose messy ponytail with a ribbon. She yawned as she opened the door into her shared common room to find James already awake, waiting for her as he leaned against the couch.

"Morning, Sunshine," he winked.

"You're up early."

"Early bird catches the worm."

"Didn't know your diet consisted of worms."

"That's disgusting! Why would my diet consist of worms?!"

"You just said you're gonna catch the worm."

"Piss off, Scamander."

"Gladly."

"Wait! Wait! No! You still need to go out with me!"

"My answer is still a no!" Thalia sung as she walked out through the portrait hole down to breakfast, as James caught up to her.

"Just one date!"

"Just stop asking and leave me be, Potter."

Frustrated as ever, James pulled Thalia into a dark empty broom closet out of nowhere where she was pushed and pinned against the wall behind her. Her breath hitched as James' hand held her by the neck against the wall firmly, yet also softly with care and caution. Her heart started racing at a rapid rate when she saw how close the Gryffindor's face was to hers.

"What do think you're doing, Potter!-" She tried to say when she finally gained her composure, but James beat her to it.

"-Nuh-uh-uh-uh," he said darkly. "I'm doing the talking now."

She glared up at him as James moved his hand from her neck and blacked both of his hands on her waist, still pinning her against the wall, imprisoning her-unable to move at all. It hadn't been until that point that Thalia realized just how tall he was compared to herself.

"Whatever you're doing-stop it!" Thalia tried to choke out, but failed miserably.

"You may have everybody else fooled, but not me, Thalia," James sneered down at her. "I know the real you."

"Whatever are you talking about?" Thalia said raising a brow challengingly, doing everything in her power to prevent herself from looking down at his lips, which were extremely close to hers-her heart racing profusely by the second.

James then cocked his head to the side and leaned even closer and whispered dangerously in her ear, "You're not as brave as you seem to be-acting all high and mighty. I mean... you're practically trembling at my touch. Face it, Scamander. You're mine. You always have been."

Thalia was frozen on her spot as she found it hard to breathe as James pulled away staring straight into her forest green eyes. "You can keep dreaming, Potter." she cracked, trying hard to speak in a strong and stern voice, failing yet again as James chuckled icily at her helpless state. He eyed her dauntingly, his eyes piercing into her skin, and she dropped her gaze to the floor as she gulped warily to avoid his menacing darkened eyes.

"You keep trying to act strong and tough-just like you're doing now," he growled as he kept glancing down at her lips and then back into her eyes again. "and I know that you keep trying your hardest not to fall under the influence of me, but you're not the bloody heartbreaker you make yourself out to be, Thalia."

When Thalia didn't reply, he continued, "You're just like everybody else. You act as if you are the independent strong woman that you are, like nobody is good enough for you. But face it, Scamander. You are weak when it comes to love, just like the rest of us-too feeble to face the fact that you are going to fall for someone so quick as they crush your delicate little heart slowly... piece by piece... shattering into dozens of little pieces till there is nothing left."

"You know absolutely nothing about me." Thalia snarled trying time stay confident.

"Don't I? You need someone-someone who can supply your needs-someone who can offer the right things to you," James whispered, seductively and then lowered his voice some more before continuing, "just the way you like it. Someone like me."

He stared into her viridescent eyes, as if daring her to speak, as if daring her to move., but Thalia just stood there and didn't even blink.

"I'll hex you into next century if you get any closer, Potter," Thalia growled, lowly. "This is going to get real serious if you make even one more move."

"That's my middle name," James laughed, hautily.

Thalia did not take to his humor lightly.

"Don't worry, Scamander. I'm not gonna touch you," he whispered darkly and then lowered his voice once again, "or at least... not unless you ask me to."

Grinning to himself, James tilted his head and leaned forward as he dragged his lips so close to her ear that Thalia could feel his hot breath against her neck as he whispered darkly, "Just you wait, Scamander. I'm gonna be watching you the day you get your heart broken and then you will wish it were me who you fell for instead."

"Why would I wish to fall for you?"

"Because I can treat you right."

"Who said so? You're no good for me."

"Lies."

"Love is just a stupid game."

"Then we can play."

"Fuck off."

James eyes darkened, and Thalia gulped as he moved in closer, his lips now centimeters away from her neck.

"Oh yeah? Well, I can't wait to be the one to prove you just how wrong you are." James said as he backed away from dumbfounded Hufflepuff.

"I-I-s-shut up-" Thalia stuttered out, physically unable to form a sentence, as James grinned mischievously, tubings on his heel about to leave the broom cupboard with a cocky grin plastered across his face before he paused,

"Catch you later, Princess."