Chapter 39

39 — COUCH POTATO

***

   SITTING on the common room sofa in front of the blazing fireplace of her private quarters that she shared with James and huddled up in a wooly blanket, sat Thalia as she was finishing up her homework for the week, as well as studying for the NEWTs exams that were coming up fairly soon. She had already got into the Academy of course, but it did not mean that she could rest on her laurels.

Books, parchment, quills, and several ink bottles were strewn all over the couch, some even spilling onto the floor. The amount of workload was crazy, and the number of topics that she had to study was absolutely overwhelming. It was mad that there was so much work to study for to complete this year's exams, but in the end it will all be worth it.

   She looked up from the parchment and quills that were scattered across the sofa as the room was filled with a sound of the portrait entrance and exit clicking open to find James walking in looking fairly amused at Thalia's state.

"You have been working non-stop for weeks and months on end already, Thalia. You should take a break. You must be exhausted," James mused as he leaned against the wall.

"I'm just nervous about my grades, James. Like I said—"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. We have to do well to go to the academy together. Blah-blah-blah," said James, rolling his eyes, "Don't get me wrong, Thalia. I have been studying too. Right now, you're just going overboard. At this point, you are just going to overwork yourself."

"I-I just feel like I have so much to live up to. I mean Lysander wants to be an Unspeakable! That is so damn respectable. And Lorcan is going to follow in my parents' footsteps. Sometimes I feel like wanting to be an auror is so generic nowadays after the war." Thalia sighed.

"You still have to have top grades to get in. And you got in early! That's something not even a quarter of the Wizarding population can brag about," James said.

"Gives me all the more reason to keep studying. I just have to cram in a couple more hours. Then I'll go to bed." mumbled Thalia, yawning.

"You are literally already yawning. You're tired, Thals. Just go to bed. Get some rest. Then you can wake up bright and early tomorrow morning and continue to study." said James.

"I can't—need to study..." Thalia insisted, wrapping her blanket tighter around her body.

   "You look like a couch potato," James laughed. "Also how are you not sweating like crazy? The weather is supposed to be warming up already."

   "Welp I am cold, so deal with it," Thalia scoffed.

   "I bet I can change that," James grinned.

   Thalia quirked an eyebrow. "What is that supposed to mean?" questioned Thalia.

   "Cuddles of course," James smiled, proudly, as he dropped his satchel onto the floor before jumping onto the couch next to the Hufflepuff girl before slinging his arm over her shoulder.

   "You are ridiculous," Thalia chuckled, finally giving in as she moved several pieces of parchment and a number of books away to make more room for the both of them.

"You're still nervous aren't you?" he asked.

"Terribly." Thalia mumbled quietly as she snuggled herself into James' side, settling herself comfortably in the crook of his arm.

"You're gonna be alright, though. I promise." James said.

"We will be alright." whispered Thalia.

"You're so cheesy!" James chuckled.

   A couple of silent minutes passed before James spike up again, "Are you warm enough yet?"

   When he got no reply, he shifted a bit to get a better look at the girl only to find her asleep on his shoulder. He smiled to himself as he eased himself back into his original position before slowly closing his eyes, falling into a pit of dreamless sleep with the girl whom he adored to death right beside him.

***

A/N:

I'm literally so busy what the heck.

On Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday I have to wake up at 4 A.M. because I have morning practice from 5-6:30... then I have afternoons from 3:30-5:30 Monday to Friday. And on Saturday I have another morning from 6-8. Not to mention I gotta balance school.

I'm soooo exhausted omg... so that's the reason why I'm uploading three times a week.

Hope you guys understand! <3