Chapter 35

35 - BADGER BETRAYAL !

***

"CAN'T believe that you betrayed us like that Thalia," Samuel sighed, shaking his head, "We get that you are obsessed with Potter, but the badger betrayal is really getting to me."

The group of friends were walking out of the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom after they had been dismissed.

"We are basically soulmates," James said swinging his arm over Thalia's shoulder, smirking proudly.

"Matchy-matchy-happy-happy!" Mark chorused before turning his attention to Kristina who was babbling.

"You guys are adorable!" Kristina gushed.

"Matching patronuses! Twinning is winning, yeah?" Dominque said.

"I heard that Albus and Scorpius were practicing on their own and they ended up having matching dragon patronuses," Mark added, "Couples of the year award to the both of you."

"Nah, I think the Scorbus ship is far better than Jalia," Dominque said, "I mean if you think that Thalia and James are soulmates, you should see those two. Absolutely mad for each other. Have been from the very start."

"Well you see, sort of got to support my best friend's ship, so Jalia for me!" Samuel said.

"I second that." Kristina agreed. "I mean, don't get me wrong Scorbus will always be my top three, but Jalia will always be the best ship."

"We are right here you know guys," Thalia glared at her gushing friends.

"What? You embarrassed Scamander? You embarrassed at the fact that we are soulmates? We are meant to be, and you don't like that? Hm?"

"I dunno it's just-"

"Aw damn, Thals." James sighed, mockingly placing his hand over his heart as if it were hurting. "I'm hurt. And I thought you were proud of the lion-lioness duo vibe we have."

"You are mad James Potter."

"Only for you," he winked.

"Remind me to bring a bucket when we are with them," Dominque said, fake gagging as the friend group entered the Great Hall for lunch.

"Oh please, Dom. You just wish you had someone to smooch too," Kristina snorted.

"Not wrong there," Dominque sighed as she lead the group to the Gryffindor table, "Wait James do you really have to update the entire student body on your relationship with Thalia every time something happens!?"

"Heyo Hogwarts!" James yelled out standing on the Gryffindor table.

"Seriously? I don't want your stinky shoes all over my food again!" A student cried.

James paid no matter to the complaining student. "Guess what I found out in Defense Against the Dark Arts Class people of Hogwarts!" he screamed.

"That you can't even cast a simple Flipendo?!"

"That the Professor ships you and Thalia Scamander?!"

"That you got a 'Troll' on your exam?!"

"That your boggart is of Thalia rejecting you?!"

"That a grindylow can probably beat your ass up?!"

"That your pranks suck?!"

"Why are half of those responses of me and James," Thalia mumbled.

"Because the whole school practically ships you two," Dominque smirked, as Samuel nudged her, grinning as well.

"Shut up."

"My pranks do not suck, thank you very much!" James protested. "I find them to be quite hilarious, and if you cannot find any humor in them, how are you even Gen-Z?"

"You have the humor of an eight year old!"

"That was not very nice..." James mumbled. "Anyways," he continued, "today we were figuring out our patronuses in Defense Against the Dark Arts, and guess who had a matching patronus with me!"

"Lemme guess. Was it Filch?!"

"Yes it was my darling-wait what?! Not Filch! It was my beautiful Thalia Scamander, of course!"

"What forms did your patronuses take?"

"Mine was a lion, and my future wife's was a lioness!"

"Damn, she betrayed her own house."

"See that's what I said!" Samuel hissed to which Thalia rolled her eyes.

"Mr. Potter! Sit!" McGonagall ordered as she entered the room.

"But Thalia and I have got matching patronuses!" He whined.

"I am sure you two are quite the lucky and happy couple. I am very proud of the both of you that you could cast it at such a young age, but I would really appreciate it if you sit down!"

"Anything for you, Minnie!" James winked as he hopped back down to the floor to join his friends.

"Why do you always have to announce everything about your guys' relationship?"

"It's all part of tradition."