𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

EPILOGUE — LOOKS LIKE YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH ME AFTER ALL

***

   LOVE is something that comes with time.

   It can take years on end.

   Especially for James Sirius Potter.

   Thalia Scamander has always been apart of his life—since the day they were born. He fell in love with his childhood best friend, and he continued to love her, even though she never felt the same way.

   He never gave up because... well... some part of him felt as if, maybe one day... just maybe... she would feel the same way.

   James loved every little inch and part of Thalia Scamander.

   From the golden locks that cascaded down her back and to her bright and beaming eyes, he could never stop adoring her.

   Together, as their lives continued on... new dreams and old... merging together as one, the two knew they were going to be together for as long as they shall live.

   They graduated together, they went to the Auror academy together, they worked in the Ministry together, and they shared so much more.

   As well as a last name...

   And children.

   And now, as Thalia and James stood together on Platform 9 ¾, watching their first born child about to board the Hogwarts Express for the very first time, they sighed to themselves as they thought about their own time at Hogwarts and what a joy it was.

   "Be a good girl for Mum, alright?" Thalia smiled sadly as she held her eldest daughter, Olivia, tightly in her arms.

   "Can't guarantee that. You will probably receive an owl from Headmaster Longbottom within the first ten minutes of my arrival," Olivia winked.

   "That's my child!" James cheered, grinning proudly.

   "Uncle Neville is definitely going to get a heart attack," Thalia mumbled to herself.

   "I might end up breaking his elbows and kneecaps in the process. Who knows?" Olivia shrugged.

   "Oh dear..." Thalia fearfully whispered to herself.

   "Okay maybe don't break Longbottom's kneecaps. That is reserved for only when you are jealous," James corrected.

   "As long as I get to break some bones, I'm all for it," Olivia mused.

   "Don't listen to your father. He's an idiot," Thalia whispered into Olivia's ear, to which she giggled in response.

   "I dunno if you can tell, Thals. But it seems as if I'm the better parent here. At least I allow my kids to break kneecaps," James rolled his eyes.

   "No, James. You're just irresponsible," Thalia laughed, shaking her head in amusement.

   "Yeah, yeah whatever," James mumbled, as he bent down to Olivia's height before giving her a hug as well as the scarlet steam engine blew the loud, long whistle. "I'll miss you, Peanut. I better receive 50 owls by the end of the week."

   "That won't be an issue in the slightest," Olivia grinned, as she pulled away from James.

   "Daddy? When will I go to Hogwarts?" Diana, Thalia and James' second and youngest daughter asked.

   "Never, because Daddy is never going to let you go," James grinned as he picked up Diana and propped her up to sit on his shoulders.

   "Hurry up, darling before you miss the train," Thalia said to Olivia.

   "Bye Mum! Bye Dad! I'll miss you just a little bit!" Olivia giggled before running away, pushing her cart that was loaded with her stuff off to the train.

   "It feels as if it were just yesterday that we left Hogwarts," Thalia sighed, holding onto her husband's arm.

   "Even the sun sets in paradise," James replied simply.

   "Who ever said our story was finished?"

   "It isn't."

   James was right, for their story wasn't finished.

The nights they spent intertwined in each other's sheets. The days the spent flying around the Quidditch pitch, teasing each other non-stop. The evenings they spent in the library or their common room asleep in each other's arms after a long day or work or studying. The evenings they spent gazing up at the stars.

Those were the moments that the two would cherish forever.

They had years and years to go—the freedom to explore every unknown.

   And to think that this was just the start of a new chapter...

James turned to Thalia, who had tears in her eyes as she gazed upon the Hogwarts Express riding along the train tracks into the distance.

   "Looks like you did fall in love with me after all, Scamander."