Braids

"She was right, you're driving me crazy, your smile, your eyes, your laugh, you." I whisper in Italian. "Oh my god stop siding with her!" Meredith says playfully pushing my arm we both laugh. "Did you really suspend her?" I ask. "Yes, her actions have consequences." Meredith replies "well yeah but mer." I respond. "Cor it's for one day." Meredith says turning around. I grab her hips and pull her back to me. "Cormac I have a patient." She says softly. "No you don't." I reply "I know you're schedule." I continue in the same tone she had. My hands move toward her lower stomach and she moves her head back leaning on in my left shoulder. "Okay but Cor.." she says "just cuddles..." I reply. "This is very much not 'just cuddles.' Cormac." She responds. "Yes it is, we're just standing this time." I protest. She giggles, which makes me smile. Standing there holding her close to me I feel safe, safer than I have in years. I think I'm falling for Meredith. "Want real cuddles?" Meredith asks. "Mhm" I hum. "You have to let go of me then." She replies. "Uhh fine." I say. She chuckles and walks over to a bed. I lay down first and then she lays on me. I sigh as she puts her head on my chest. I'm on my back and she is on her side, my arm is around her. Her hair is in braids so I can't play with her hair like I normally do but I run my fingers over her braids.

Cormac starts to run his fingers over my braids tracing the outline of the sections of hair that cross in and out of each other. I feel my body relax a little as his fingers softly weave with my hair. I like laying with cormac. I like when he holds me close to him, and holds me in his arms. I like when cormac pulls me close to him by my hips like he did earlier, when he does that it feels like it's just him and I. "Cor?" I say softly. "Hmm?" He responds "thank you for letting me lay with you." I reply. "Thank you for laying with me." He responds softly.

"Mer?" I softly say she doesn't answer. "Mer?" I repeat but still no answer. I lay there for a minute and then I hear a very light snore. I smile and close my eyes too. I wake up to Meredith lightly rubbing her thumb in a circle on my chest. "Hey, cutie." I say. "Hi." Meredith says in her morning voice that I happen to find very attractive. "How did you sleep?" I ask softly. "Good, how did you sleep?" She returns my question. I smile. "Good, I didn't mean to fall asleep though." She chuckles a little "me either, what time is it?" She asks. I pick up my hand because I had a watch on. "Uh five thirty." I say. "I have to prep a patient for surgery." I continue. "Hm what's the surgery?" She asks. "Whipple." I respond. "Oh" Meredith says. "Mhm" I reply. "I don't want you to leave." She replies. "I know." I say. "I have to. We can meet for lunch, how's that sound?" I offer. "Fine." Meredith says. I wrap my arms around her and pull her a little closer to me giving her a hug. I kiss her forehead and then I sit up. Meredith stands up and so do I. We just stand there for a minute looking at each other before Meredith walk's closer to me. She just looks at my eyes I take a step closer to her. "Mer" I whisper. Meredith doesn't answer she just wraps her arms around me giving me a hug put almost all her weight on me, I hug her back. "Mer.." I say again. "Shh I don't want it to end." She says I smile. "I have a Whipple." I say. "I know." She replies.

AUTHORS NOTE:/:/:/:/
This chapter is small but I have nothing more to add to it so enjoy I guess. Want a double update? Also did proofread.