The Scream Became A Whisper

SCARY CHAPTER...

Cormac's POV:
It's been about five hours since Meredith left my house. It was 7:23 at night, Austin wasn't talking to me and Liam found it to be hilarious. "Boys dinner!" I yell. They both walk out of their rooms. "I made Mac-and-cheese." I say trying to get a reaction out of Austin but nothing. "Listen Austin I don't know why you're mad at me, I asked her to stay too. You should be mad and Doctor Grey." I say placing a plate in front of him. "Mer-Mer." He says simply. "What?" I ask sitting down. "It's not Doctor Grey it's Mer-Mer." He says. "I'm sorry Meredith. You should be mad at Meredith." I correct myself. "I miss her." He says eating. "You literally just met her..." Liam say. I look at him. "He misses mom. He thinks if she leaves she's... not going to come back." I say. "The last time mom left I was rushing her to the hospital and then she never came back home." I continue. Liam looks at me "oh. Austin buddy, that's not going to happen with Meredith. Mom was sick, Mer isn't." Liam say putting Mac N cheese in his mouth "I just want Mer-Mer." Austin replies. "Wanna call her before bed?" I ask. Austin nods.

We finish eating dinner. The boys run back to their rooms. I start doing the dishes. Truth is I miss Mer too. If she was here she would have her arms around me standing behind me hugging me. We could cuddle after. Liam was just trying to help at dinner but honestly Austin has a reason to be scared because Meredith could get into a freak accident. I finish the dishes and go to sit down on the couch. I text Meredith and ask her if I can FaceTime her but twenty minutes goes by and I haven't heard from her. Im getting kind of worry but take a deep breathe and remind myself that Meredith has a life and isn't sick. Meredith is healthy and okay, she's probably just busy.

Austin and Liam walk into the living room and sit down on the couch. Liam is on the opposite side of me but Austin curls up next to me with his bear. "Hey buddy." I say wrapping my arm behind his back. "Can we call Mer Mer?" He asks. "I just texted her to ask her if that was okay but she hasn't answered. I'm not sure." I respond. "She's taking a bath." Liam cuts in. I look up confused "I have her on snap dad... you don't?" Liam explains. "No I do... I just don't use it." I reply getting my phone opening snap. Meredith posted a picture of her legs in a bath with bubbles all around in her story. A weird rush of worry goes through me as I see the picture. I text Meredith again it's now been a half hour since I texted her last.

Hey babe. Wyd?
-8:30

She doesn't answer again. My phones goes off it's a notification that Mer posted on her snap story. I get really confused because now I know she's on her phone. I open snap and see a pic of water, soap and redness all over Meredith's bathroom floor. I immediately get up and walk out of the room. I walk to my bathroom closing the door. I call Scarlet she doesn't answer. I call her again and she picks up.

"What?"

"I need you to come to the house now Scar. I'm leaving the boys here but it's late. Hurry."

"Okay what's wrong?"

"I don't have time to explain. Just hurry."

"I'm on my way now Rocco just put Luka in the car."

"Thank you when you get here it will just be the boys knock three times and Liam will let u in."

"Okay"

I hang up the phone and walk back to the living room put my coat on. "Boys I need to go do something. Auntie and the kids are coming over. Be good. I love you." I say walking to the door. "If you hear three knocks it's auntie open the door, otherwise do not touch the door. You understand?" I ask grabbing my keys. "Yes." Liam and Austin say. "Liam text me if you need anything." I say walking out.

Meredith's POV:
Cormac will know. He will know because I don't post on Snapchat it's not my thing. He will see the blood and he will come. I hope he doesn't bring the boys. Shit Austin will be so scared. "Please don't hurt me." I yell. I hear the sound of tape ripping and I start to cry because I'm scared. Cormac needs to hurry. Maybe he won't come... maybe he will think I'm just taking time. I can't die. I'm so in love and everything is perfect. Why does this happen to me? I hear something slam. I'm shaking. Foot steps start pounding down the hall. I walk to the window it's too high. I think about jumping anyway.. I would probably get less hurt. The bathroom door is locked so that gives me time to think.

Cormac's POV:
I speed as fast as I can to Meredith's house. I get there and everything looks fine. I walk in to see the inside of the house is distorted. Pillows on the floor, broken glass, knifes, pictures barely hanging on the wall. I quietly walk down the hall with a knifes my hand. I look down to see a pile of hair on the floor. Like someone had ripped it out of someone's head. It was Mer's hair. I duck into a room and quickly text my sister telling her to call the cops and have them come to Meredith's rental home. I walk back into the hall slipping into a coat closet staying there for a little while. "Please! Please don't hurt me! Is have five kids." I hear Meredith scream. Her screams become muffled.