Hold me

Cormac's POV:
Sitting next to Meredith holding her hand I can't help but think of what she's going to say when she wakes up. I just want to hold her to protect her. She stirs in her sleep, I stand up brushing her hair off of her forehead her eyes flutter open with a bright smile. "Hey." My voice sweet, caring, and soft. "I missed you" I continue "kiss" Meredith says pulling my shirt lightly. I chuckle leaning down stopping before my lips hit hers. "Quick... Bailey'll kill me" I whisper closing the space between our lips. I pull almost immediately earning a whine from Meredith "how're you feeling?" I ask "if I say do I get a better kiss?" She asks squeezing my hand. "No" I reply with a smile. "Well I don't feel good" She says absentmindedly moving her hand towards her stomach. I stop her causing her to look down at a bandaged scare. "B-babe... n-now I'm really not okay" She says looking back up at me. I nod sitting on the bed "breathe babe. Take a breath" I coach as she sits up. "No. Mer you gotta lay back." I say placing a hand on her shoulder she nods panicking. Her hand is on top of mine she lightly squeezes it. "Where's the baby?" She asks as the door opens. "Look at this beautiful baby girl." Bailey says rolling a portable incubator. Meredith looks at me completely shocked and worried. "Babe." She says tears rolling down her cheek. I smile. "You can hold her now." Bailey says looking at me I smile.

Meredith's POV:
I think I've been out for more than a month and I'm very confused. Cormac gets up walking over to the baby slowly picking it up. It's small definitely premature. "Hey baby girl, are you ready to meet mommy?" A tear falls from his cheek to his arm that's supporting her head. "Wh-what's happening?" Bailey smiles. "We put you in a medically induced coma for a month or so. The baby needed to get stronger before we took her out but she couldn't have stayed with you awake." Cormac stands over me one arm wrap around a perfect baby the other grabbing my hand. "Before you ask, everything is okay. Maggie, Amelia both helped so much the kids miss you and work is fine. She our little princess is the second strongest person I know." It is so much to take in I feel like they are moving a hundred miles an hour. "Mer..." Bailey's tone of voice catches my attention bringing me back to reality "hm?" I hum in response looking at Cormac who moved to the middle of the room swaying with the baby. "We had- had to do a hysterectomy... I wasn't sure neither was Hayes if you wanted more kids so we decided to leave the door open for you and freeze your eggs." I nod "thank you. Can I hold her?" They both smile. "With my help. You need to be careful because of your scare." Bailey nods. "You can't bend, it could rip the stitches but yes you can hold her. I'm suggesting from Hayes because I don't want you trying. To do skin on skin, she's been having some weird rhythms and skin in skin can help." Bailey places her hand on my shoulder. "Wait I get to see Cor without a shirt on again?" They both laugh "yes babe, not right now." Cormac replies. "She's beautiful Meredith... I'm happy for you." I smile at Bailey's words. "Thank you." I say looking at her placing my hand over hers lightly squeezing it. She leaves the room as Cormac walks over to me. He sits down in the bed by my legs again.

"Oh- oh my god" I say looking at the baby. It's perfectly olive skin glowing against Cormac and the light, her hair messy but curly very curly. "She looks just like you" Cormac says as I move my finger on her cheek. "She's perfect." I whisper unable to speak any louder "I never want to loose her." My voice cracks a little "we won't Mer, I promise she's our forever." Her skin is so soft. "Can I hold her please?" Cormac smiles "she's your baby, of course you can." I shake my head "she's our baby." I say as he places her in my arms.

Cormac's POV:
Meredith is looking down holding the baby as she begins to cry. "Hey what's wrong?" I ask wiping a tear away. "It just so perfect all of this" she explains I smile leaning down to her pecking her her lips. "She needs a name" I reply looking down at her. She begins to cry a little "hey baby girl." Meredith says I smile "I know I can't move huh? You want daddy?" She looks up at me holding the baby out for me I shake my head. "She needs to get used to you, to like you." I say Meredith rolls her eyes "she's crying" she protests I chuckle "she is." Meredith sighs getting slightly annoyed "the first couple days are the days the baby makes the strongest bond, Mer figure it out." I know my words are going to piss her off but I don't care. I'm right she needs to make a bond with her. "Figure it out?" Meredith kept her voice low but stern. I nod standing up. "That's what I said." I reply "how long has she been... out?" I smile "seven days today." I reply picking up a gift bag I was hiding. "What's today?" Meredith questions. "October twenty seventh" I reply with a big smile. "Sh- wh- she has the same birthday as you?" She asks I nod.

"Yes our little princess does. Can we please give her a name?" Meredith laughs "we can but first can you please come hold me? I miss you."

AUTHORS NOTE:
Couldn't proofread. I'm sorry if this is written weird I took a pretty long break from writing so I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. Thank you all for reading.