High Heels

Cormac's POV:
I let go of Meredith's hand and walk out of the room. I know I hurt her but I can't do this again. I need to go home. I-I-I need to run, but I just did. I don't know what to do, if this wasn't Meredith I probably would go to her.

Meredith's POV:
"Doctor grey there's a mass in your uterus. I'm going to resect it as best as I can with out doing a full hysterectomy. You will be okay." Carina say. I shake my head "no! No! Bailey. B-b-Bailey!" I call. "Yes you need to get it out Meredith." Miranda says confused. "Give me my phone." I say pointing at my bag. I take a deep breathe to calm myself and then call someone. My phone rings as I wait for the person to pick up.

Uh, hey Meredith...

Hi Addie. I-I-I need you to come to Seattle.

What? Why?

I have a mass in my uterus and you a world class surgeon. Addison please.

I'll get on a plane right now.

"Did you just call Addison Montgomery?" Bailey asks. "I trust her." I say looking at Bailey "it's not that I don't trust you Carina, I do I-I-I- I just I don't know." I continue turning to look at Carina. "No I get it." She says. "Technically I could do the surgery Meredith, it doesn't have to be an ob or a neonatal surgeon."

Cormac's POV:
I got to the roof. I sit on the roof by the helicopter pad for about two hours just thinking. I never wanted to jump or injure myself I just needed a place no one would find me. Out of nowhere a helicopter starts to make its way to the pad I back up just to be safe. I watch to see who gets out because it obviously wasn't a patient.

After a few minutes a jaw dropping beautiful tall red head women get off. She is very attentive and I find myself walking towards her. Her hair flying in the wind, her heels clicking on the ground. I'm amazed. "Hi, I'm Cormac Hayes." I say walking over to her with my hand out for her to shake. "Hello, I'm Addison Montgomery." She replies. There's something about her that makes me just want to pull her close and kiss her but I don't. I watch her walk away onto the elevator still amazed I slip in right before the doors close. "Perfect timing." She says with a light giggle, that's when I remember I'm with Meredith. "I guess so." I reply keeping my distance. "So Doctor Hayes, what do you do?" She asks. I turn around to look at her as it was the polite thing to do. "I'm a pediatric surgeon." I answer "and you?" I continue. She licks her lips which makes me practically fall to the floor. "I'm an OB." She replies. I nod and turn back around. "We have OB's here.." I say confused. She laughs. "That you do... uh I don't know if he's one but Doctor Karev?" She says I nod "he moved. I took his place, and he was peds." I reply. "Ahh I see. Well I'm here on a special case I don't think it's public." She explains. "Meredith?" I ask. She takes a minute to answer "uh y-yes actually how'd you know?" She answers I chuckle and sigh "Meredith and I- were good friends." I say as the elevator doors open. "Nice." She says walking into the hospital. She walks like she owns this place. She has such authority, it was hot and to say the very least I was turned on by it.

Addie's POV:
I walk into Meredith's room to see her laying in a bed. "Hey." She says. She's obviously been crying and doesn't look to happy. "Hey Mer." I say as nice as possible. Meredith and I aren't particularly besties so this could either go really bad or perfectly fine. The door opens to reveal Doctor Hayes. I ignore him as he walks in and over to Meredith.

"Hey babe." He says placing his hand in her face moving his thumb on her cheek like Derek used to. "Don't." She say. I've heard her like this before but it's been a while. I mean the last time she was this mad is when I showed up.

Flashback:
"Meredith, I'm so sorry" Derek says turning a little to face Meredith who was putting her coat in and then turned to face the rest of the hospital. A beautiful redhead woman, tall, obviously very wealthy, and well put together is walking towards us. "Addison. What are you doing here?" Derek says. "Well you'd know if you bothered to return any one of my phone calls." Addison replies. She turns to look at Meredith put her hand out for Meredith to shake. "Hi I'm Addison shepherd." She exclaims. "Shepherd?" Meredith copies confused, releasing Addisons hand from hers. Addison points at her "and you must be the woman who's been screwing my husband." Pointing to Derek when she says husband. Meredith was mad and confused.

And that was like sixteen years ago. "Woah, what'd you do?" I ask. Budding in. Doctor Hayes removes his hand from Meredith's faces "I-I-I'm not quite sure." He replies confused. Bailey snorts in the background "wrong answer buddy." She says quietly. "Very wrong answer." I concur. "Please leave, Doctor Hayes." Meredith says. I look at her as I put the jelly on her stomach then I look at Doctor Hayes. "What ever you did was very wrong and you are no longer her babe..." I say. "You don't even know her." Doctor Hayes replies. Meredith laughs a little. "I fucked her husband while they were still married... I know her." She say. I look at the ultrasound screen as Cormac leaves the room.

"Did you just look at her ass?" Meredith says as the door slams. "What the actual fuck?" She questions to herself. "Rough day?" I ask. "Addie I have cancer and I'm in a fight with the second love of my life." Meredith responds. "So rough day." I say shaking my head.

AUTHORS NOTE:
So big plot twist! I can tell you it only gets worse.
⚠️ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: if you have not seen private practice and want to or are watching it now do not continue reading. There will be spoilers in the next chapter(s) this is your warning.⚠️
What happens next? What does Cormac do? I hope you guys liked this. Idk how I feel about it...