Names

Cormac's POV:
Meredith and I are laying in her hospital bed.

"How are the kids?" She asks holding the baby. I smile. "Name Mer. We need a name seven days with no name is too long." She chuckles "okay what names do you like?" I sigh hesitating "Uhh" I say worried Meredith won't like my name. "Babe... just say it" she says grabbing my hand. "I was thinking Mariska... it's a strong name and she's strong" I say looking down at her Meredith smiles "I love it." Meredith replies "what if.. how about Mariska Abigail Hayes?" Meredith says.

Meredith's POV:
Cormac doesn't answer and I can't see him. "Babe" I say concerned. "Uh- ye-yeah I love it" He replies with a sniffle "are you crying?" I ask hearing him cry more. Bailey walks in quick taking the baby so I can help Cormac. "What's wrong?" I ask turning which we all know is against the rules to hug him. "We don't have to name her that." I say holding him. He shakes his head on my shoulder "n-no I love it babe. Thank you." He manages to say. I hold him for a second Bailey watching us. "Hey, look at me" I whisper. He pulls back looking at Bailey then me. I wipe remanding tears off his face. "Are you okay?" I ask looking at him. He nods. "Thank you for thinking of Abby. If it's too much for you Mer-" I shake my head cutting him off "I suggested it... it's not too much. All my kids are named after someone I loved and lost... it's only fair we incorporate your family too." Cormac leans down pecking my lips once before pecking them two more separate times. "Ti amo" I smile at his Italian accent "I love you too" I reply.

"What is her name?" Bailey asks. I look at Cormac raising an eyebrow "wait" he says "we're... actually not sure yet." I chuckle laying back down next to him. "Sorry Bailey." I say shaking my head. She smiles swaying with the baby. "Oh don't worry." She replies. I smile watching her, then it dawns on me. "You know Bailey... I'm sure Ben would love to hold a baby..." I say squeezing Cormac's hand in away to tell him not to ask questions. Bailey smiles. "He actually on his way here... wanted to have lunch with me." I smile "huh... uncle Ben?" Bailey coos over our baby girl. "Miranda..." I say soft a tear instantly running down her cheek. "She's beautiful... she's really beautiful Mer." Bailey says. "Dani is too." My voice was quiet and soft. Cormac gasps. "Oh my god" he mumbles under his breath. I look at him widening my eyes. "She is... she'd be one soon... my beautiful strong baby girl." A tear escapes my eyes at Bailey's words. She loved Dani so much and for her to miscarry that baby... broke us all. "She loves you." Hayes says standing up off the bed.

"Before Abby got pregnant with Austin... she had a miscarriage. 20 weeks, doctors tell you it won't happen after 12 but they lie." He says standing in front of Miranda. "It was a girl too... Lauren. I don't talk a-about it much because it's hard." A tear rolls down my face. "It's so hard... losing a child you never come back from that. I haven't been the same, my marriage hasn't been the same." Bailey says. Cormac nod's taking the baby from her hand as she sits down. "It's hard on everyone." He places the baby in its incubator. "I miss her." Cormac wipes a tear from his eye taking Bailey's hand. "I miss Lauren too... why'd you pick Dani?" He ask "Ben wanted it... can tell you why better than I can myself but it's from a friend who died." Cormac nod's. "Why Lauren?" She asks as the baby cry's some. He stands up. "Leave her! Leave her alone for a second. She need to know we're not going to be there every time she cries." Cormac's looks at me blinking a few times. "The fuck I won't.." he says making us all laugh. "That's daddy's little princess... huh baby girl?" He says standing over her. "Babe I swear to god if you touch that baby." I say my voice now stern. He backs up. "She my baby girl... if she cry's I'm helping her." I smile so does Bailey. "I know that babe but she need to learn to self soothe." I protest he shakes his head.

"She needs to daddy soothe" Bailey and I burst out laugh as Ben walks in. "She can daddy soothe later. Let her cry." I say. He rolls his eyes.

"Oh my god. She's here?" Ben asks I nod "you can hold her if you want." Cormac looks at me jaw dropped. "He can hold her but I can't?" He asks I smile "yes she needs to realize daddy isn't going to be able to help her every time she cries." Cormac shakes his head "babe your not understanding me. I am. I am going to help her ever single time i so much as even think she's upset in anyway. She is my world and my baby girl, my princess my prized position, she is my everything and I will do anything for her." He explains I smile "what am I? Just your girlfriend who you knocked up?" He looks at me then Bailey "when the hell are these hormones going to go away?" We all laugh "never baby your stuck with me" he shakes his head. "No. No. That's not how it went with Abby." I shake my head looking at Ben "she is absolutely beautiful man." He says looking at cormac.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Didn't proofread