D.O.A

Meredith's POV:
"Male in his late 30's early 40's collapsed on the floor of his girlfriend's house. Has been resuscitated four time's I think he's a DOA." The paramedic says as she pulls Cormac's gurney out of the rig. "Meredith!" Bailey calls as she sees me on the edge of the open rig. I have been crying so I look a mess. She walks over to me holding out her hand so I can step down. "What happened?" She asks as we walk into the hospital. "I told him I was pregnant then he just collapsed." I say remembering exactly what happened. "Okay we have him Meredith. It's okay he's going to be okay." Bailey says to me. I feel a flutter in my stomach and remember I'm pregnant. I place my hand on my belly over my flowy green shirt. "I need to be in there." I say quietly. "Meredith you can't. Family can't work on family." Bailey replies turning to look at me before walking in. I place my other hand just above the one that was already on my belly. Bailey see's me touching my stomach. "I'm not working on him... I'm holding his hand. Bailey please." I protest. She nods giving me the okay.

"What do we got?" Owen asks walking through the door trying to slip a glove on. "Cormac Hayes, unconscious steady heart rate right now but coded four times." Bailey says looking at him. He looks at me sitting next to Cormac. My right hand holding his. My left hand on my extremely small bump. "What happened?" He asks. "I told him I was pregnant..." I reply. He nods.

"Bailey... b- b- s- somethings not right." I say leaning forward a little. Bailey walks over to me placing her hand on my baby bump too. "Let's check it out." She replies. "Let's get you to the OB floor and page Carina." Bailey shouts. I shake my head "no! I'm not leaving him." I say tears falling down my face. "Meredith... if you want him to live to hold that baby... get your ass out of here and out of my way... respectfully." Owen yells. I nod and walk out of the room.

Bailey's POV:
I walk with Meredith up to the OB floor and walk her to a room. "I'll page Carina." I say as Meredith sits down on the bed. Meredith looks at me and nods. "Thank you Bailey. Thank you for always being here for me." She says I grab her hand "I'm always here. You are a pain in my ass that's no secret but I'm here." I say. She smile's "I am not a pain in the ass." Meredith protests. I look at her for a minute "okay maybe I am." She continues. We both smile. "Do you want a boy or a girl?" I ask her trying to distract her from the fact that her baby daddy is dying downstairs. "Honestly I don't care. What did you want?" She replies. I smile "we wanted a girl. I still think it was. Dani. That's what we named her... grey I have a secret." I reply. Carina walks in the room. "Oh... I- I thought it was for- okay." She says. We both smile. "I just feel like something is wrong..." Meredith says Carina let's the edge of her glove snap against her arm "okay let's get you and ultrasound." She says. Meredith nods. As Carina squeezes the ultrasound jelly on Merediths stomach she turns to look at me "what your secret?" She asks. I looks at her "grey... you can't tell anyone. Got it? Not Cormac, not your kids, don't even tell Derek I know you talk to him." I reply she nods "okay geez." Meredith replies. "I- we are pregnant, Ben and I." Meredith looks at me and smiles "congratulations Bailey... our babies can grow up together and be best friends." Meredith says jokingly making me look at her like she was insane "uh-huh" I reply she laughs. "Okay Meredith looks like you baby is okay. It was probably just stressed from everything you were feeling. Remember what ever you do or feel your baby feels and does too. I want to keep an eye on you so I'm admitting you for the night."

*five hours later Meredith's POV

Cormac smiles with his eyes closed as I walk into his room. He was still sleepy from his surgery. "Hey." I say soft.  "Hi baby." He replies. I walk over to his bed and sit on the edge. "How are you feeling?" I ask placing my hand over his. "I'm o-okay. My chest hurts." He answers I nod. "Our baby gave you a heart attack." I say we both laugh. "I love you. You're beautiful and perfect and I love our baby." Cormac says looking like he is in pain. "I love you too, cuddles?" I ask. He nods and moves to the side of the bed giving me room to lay beside him. "I don't want to hurt you babe." I say starting to lay down. "You won't."
"Tell me if I do okay?" I say gently placing my head on his chest with my hand. Cormac winces so I back up. "No, I'm okay." He says I shake my head no. "Babe your not. I'll lay next to you." I say he sighs. "I want you to cuddle me though, I miss you and I want to hold you." He says. I smile and Sydney my nose at him. "Look, I'm still cuddling you." I say curling up next to him. "Hey... do you want to find out the gender?" There's a kind pause "Cormac? Cormac Hayes? Babe!" I yell sitting up.

Authors note:
I was going to make Cormac die I have this whole long chapter written in my notes for it but I didn't want to do you guys like that.

I know this isn't very good, I wrote it really late and didn't have time to proofread I'm sorry.