8

"Had a long night, Miss Cabello?" I heard someone clear their throat and I raised my head up and was my teacher.

"You can say that." I replied softly. I looked around and everyone was looking at me except one person in particular who wasn't there.

"Maybe you should consider that school is more important than going to parties mid-week." he said and I frowned. "I hope that doesn't happen again." he returned to his desk. I heard giggles by the corners of the room.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I would prefer that the reason I can't stay awake in the third period was a party. Last night I couldn't sleep. Apparently my brain thought more important to stay awake listening to Lauren's breathing while she slept.

Strangely it was good. And I have found many things "strangely good" in recent days about Lauren that was making me confused. And Dinah didn't help the situation with all that talk.

And speaking of Lauren, she hasn't been in any classes today. When I woke up, she had already turned off the call so I assumed she'd be here even though it wouldn't be the best day of her. But she wasn't. Of course.

Finally at lunchtime, I chose my favorite spot outside the cafeteria and went to there, with my head on the desk, headphones in my ears and avoiding everything around me. It was risky to want to sleep there, but I was very tired.

I felt someone squeeze my arm and shake my body lightly. I raised my head lazily and looked to the side. A boy with a big smile on his face look at me confused.

"I thought you were dead." he joked and I stared at him. "Sorry, it was, um, anyway. Actually you were talking in your sleep."

I straightened up in my chair and looked around. Shit, I had slept? I barely had put the headphones in my ears.

"Don't worry, I was the only one who noticed." he shrugged. "Can I?"

"Of course." I gave him space to sit down. "Thank you, though."

"Don't worry." he smiled. "I'm Brian, by the way."

"Camila." I smiled back. It was weird someone tries to talk to me over there. Was a table away from the students and from where most used to hang.

"You're new, aren't you?" Brian asked, looking at me. I don't know if he noticed, but he was very close to me.

"I, uh, Yes. I think I'm not anymore. It's been a few weeks." I replied a little awkwardly. What's wrong with me? He was just a boy.

"Oh, yes it makes you be new." he shrugged, smiling. He had a beautiful smile. Brian went on to hand through his hair, I don't know if he wanted to fix or mess up a little more, but it looks good anyway.

"I think so." I smiled.

We stayed silent for a few minutes. He didn't look as uncomfortable as me.

"So... who's Lauren?" he asked out of nowhere.

Fuck! I blushed instantly. This was definitely a lesson not to sleep or even think about closing my eyes while I'm at school!

"I'm Lauren." Lauren appeared in front of us. She was wearing sunglasses and a beanie.

"Oh, Hello." Brian said and smiled at her. "I was just wondering-"

"Camila can I talk to you?" Lauren looked at Brian. "Privately."

I said nothing, just stared at her. She was serious?!

"Okay," Brian stood up. "we talk later." he looked at me and smiled, but the smile disappeared when he faced Lauren. She didn't seem happy.