52

I woke up with Lauren's body pressed against my back and her arm around my waist underneath my shirt. I smiled to myself wondering how this actually happened since wasn't how we went to bed.

Last night when she asked me to stay I changed into a shirt and shorts she lent me and laid with her down on the bed. She didn't want to talk and I didn't want to start a conversation where it would end up with her kicking me out again. So we were silent, this time wasn't uncomfortable. We were just enjoying each others company. Lauren let me hold her and I had nothing to complain about when she slept in my arms.

It seems that at some point in the night I didn't have my arm almost overprotective around her anymore. Despite her not so innocent hand now, I didn't complain either.

I looked around the room and the sun was already shining despite yesterday's rain. I sent a text to Ally yesterday saying that everything was fine and I was going to stay here to keep them from worrying. Then I got a few not so nice texts from Dinah.

When I tried to get up Lauren tightened her arm around me, I thought she was asleep. I turned to look at her and she had her eyes closed and heavy breathing, in fact she was sleeping. I tried to move her arm but she moved it down my waist this time and shameless squeezed my ass pulling me closer to her.

"Lauren!" I gasped, she was faking it!

She just murmured something, still "sleeping" and went on like this for a while. I just watched her, caressing her face one time or another.

"I have to get up." I said.

"No."

"Yes." I chuckled softly. "Are you feeling better?"

At least the fever passed, it made me less worried.

"I don't know.. kiss me." Lauren said and her voice was hoarse, it wasn't the natural voice she had in the morning, she wasn't fully well but definitely better than last night.

And of course I did as she asked. I gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

"I still don't know, do it again."

I laughed, she was the worst. This time I held her face, caressing her cheek with my thumb as I captured her lips. It was a calm, gentle kiss but it still left me breathless.

"Better?" I asked, looking at her. Lauren finally looked back at me, her eyes emerald green.

"I guess I'll just be sure after a few more of these."

I rolled my eyes, pushing her shoulder lightly.

"What? It's for science." she said with conviction.

"Yeah, of course." I gave a peck on her lips before fleeing from her embrace.

I went to the bathroom in her room while she watched me.

"I loved you in those shorts." she commented with a sigh.

I giggled shaking my head, but was blushing already. Before I could even start looking for a toothbrush she said, "Second drawer."

I left the door open as I brushed my teeth, peering through to see her. Lauren didn't even move on the bed.

"I'll keep them, thank you." I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"As much as your ass looks good on them... no, you're not babe." Lauren scoffed.

I rolled my eyes, finished brushing my teeth. I looked at her back. "Is it okay if I take a shower?"

"Of course." she smiled. "Actually, I could take one too. I'm right behind you... Literally, if you prefer."

I regretted looking at her and seeing the smirk on her lips. She looked very well to someone who's sick. I shook my head again this time to scare those not so innocent thoughts. I closed the door and started taking off my clothes.