40

"Today is the day!" Dinah shouted excitedly. "Today will be the best day of your lives."

"Eh, I don't think so." Ally said disinterested but just to annoy Dinah.

And it worked. Dinah shot a look at her, but was really unnecessary because Ally was laughing at her face.

Today was Dinah's birthday and also the party. Her party with Lauren. Lauren's birthday would be in five days only, but Dinah wanted the party to be today than next Saturday, basically to do everything about her. We don't mind though. We like cheerful Dinah.

My father agreed to look Sofi since my mother had to go to work. She wanted to come with us, but she didn't want to leave my father alone so she decided to stay anyway.

"Guys, come on. I know you planned a good day for all of us. Especially for me." Dinah whimpered, taking some fries for her.

We were at Ally's work, actually just waiting a few minutes and her shift would end. She would leave after lunch.

"We know." I told her. "How could I forget if you woke me up this morning saying the same thing?" I laughed softly.

"And you still didn't give me my present." she grunted. No one had, we were saving it for the party, it was the right thing to do. Until there, we'd just walk around and visit some places that would make her happy.

Technically this was Lauren's day too, but she said she was too busy and would try to join us as soon as she could.

"Patience, birthday girl." I winked at her and she rolled her eyes.

"Dinah, relax." Ally said. "Lauren is checking on preparations for the party and soon you will be able to open the presents. When the time comes."

"Ugh, okay." Dinah pouted her lips. "Can we go now? Lauren is not here to be our driver, so will be you."

"Yeah, let me just check something. I'll be right back and we can go." Ally said before leaving the table.

I focused on eat more fries. Dinah did the same before speaking again.

"My whole family have called me already." she laughed. "My parents want to know when I'll get back home."

Hear that last part gave me a lump in my throat. Knowing that she wouldn't be with us forever. I mean, she can come back when she wanted to, but it wouldn't be easy.

"This sucks." I sighed. "I know that may sound selfish, but I don't want you to go away."

"I don't want to go, but I miss them so much, Mila." Dinah said honestly. I understood that, of course.

"Why the hell you had to move to Miami anyway?" Dinah growled and I laughed.

"I didn't choose this life, remember?"

"Ladies, let's do this." Ally returned, she had already changed her clothes and grabbed her stuff.

"Yeah, let's do this!" Dinah said excitedly again, making me smile. I wanted her to enjoy the day.

A few minutes after we left the place Lauren sent me a text saying she was free. So we went back home to get her.

"This day will not happen if you keep delaying me." Dinah complained looking through the passenger window when Lauren came on.

And also Taylor with Normani.

"Hey, guys." Taylor greeted us and Normani did the same.

"You coming with us?" Lauren asked them as she opened door.