51

a/n: UPDATE! I HEAR AN AMEN? finally. i'm so sorry, i have the worst writer's block ever. also, long chapter.. it's like 4k words, please don't get bored it will be worth it!! thank you if you're reading this! okay, enjoy <3

--

This was really happening.

A few days after a lot of conversation with my parents, I was going to New York this Friday morning. All they knew was that I would make a trip to have fun and take a break in school now that my grades were good. Would be quickly. The excuse was that and some more things Normani said when I wasn't around. Actually they talked to my parents alone.

"How did you get my parents to let me travel for three days again?" I questioned trying to fit in a small bag in the trunk. Ally, Normani and Sofi were outside with me.

I was still suspicious of how the girls managed this. I remember them saying I shouldn't even leave the house anymore.

"Four days, actually." Ally laughed softly. "But they don't know that. We just... said what they wanted to hear."

"What do you mean exactly?" I asked staring at her when she came to help me.

"It's a small lie, we can think of something unexpected so you will have more time." Normani explained suggestively.

"She can lie to mom to go and I can't?" Sofi complained, crossing her small arms.

"Sofi," I looked at her begging. "I'm sorry, I would take you if I could, but don't tell mom and dad about this."

"It's okay, Kaki. I'm not going to tell them you will go see Lauren."

My eyes widened. How does she know that?! I switched glances with the girls but they didn't seem to know either. I was trying to let her out of this madness.

"Dinah told me." she replied laughing to see my reaction.

"Dinah!" I grumbled under my breath.

Dinah already knew everything of course, even before the girls told me about it. But she didn't say anything about the plan to me at the time, but told everything to Sofi, damn! What if Sofi talk to my parents and let something slip just like when she first met Lauren?!

"Look, it won't take too long." I smiled, kneeling in front of her. "It's only three days,"

"Four." Normani and Ally corrected in unison.

I gave them a look before looking at Sofi.

"I'm going to hurry back to be with you." I smiled caressing her face affectionately.

"It's okay," she sighed. "I just really wanted to go. Dinah said that Lauren ran away, but I don't understand. Is she okay?"

She was genuinely worried, I could see. I smiled weakly.

"Lauren's fine... she just needed some time to herself. But I'm going to go talk to her, and everything will be okay again."

"You'll bring her back?" Sofi asked hopefully.

She really likes Lauren, and I didn't want to lie. Lauren was making all this difficult, and I know it's not my job to go after her, but I need answers too. I wish I could say yes to Sofi, but honestly I didn't know what was going to happen when I find her.

"I will." I said and it wasn't convincing, Sofi noticed, so I corrected myself. "I'll try, I promise."

I smiled and Sofi nodded. I pulled her into a tight hug.

"I love you, butterfly." I said hugging her.

"I love you too, Kaki."

I pulled away and hold up my little finger. Sofi smiled widely already knowing what this is about and laced hers with mine.