24

Ally dropped me off and she wouldn't let me get out of the car while she couldn't get the crazy idea out of my head. We discussed and even Dinah entered in the middle. She was sleepy and she had no idea what she was talking about because she stood by my side in this argument. I didn't think she would let me do something like that. Again.

She finally let me go as I promised I wouldn't do such thing. But even after getting through my mother without her questioning why my eyes were tired and puffy because I have been crying and taking a shower to finally be in bed staring at the dark ceiling of my room, I still had that thought.

Lauren wouldn't let me alone just like the other times. We always came back at each other. I mean, that's what I think. What if she doesn't? What if she gets tired of running after me? Oh my God what I'm trying to do?! I was confused, I just thought about what those jerks said even though I believe that Lauren had changed, it still affected me and I didn't know why.

I rolled on my bed and lay face down, burying my head in my pillow. It was late but I didn't know what time it was. I wanted to sleep but I couldn't. It crossed my mind to call Lauren, but I didn't know what to say to her. She was probably mad at me. I would be angry at myself too after the shit I said to her and what I've been thinking.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. I tried to take my mind of everything unpleasant that happened today leaving only the good things. How everything was perfect when we got to the beach. The bonfire, our walk on the pier. How lame Lauren was when compared me with the night. I couldn't help but smile to myself recalling the moment. How I made her laugh, the sound of her laughter can honestly be the remedy for everything.

I felt my eyes get heavy and soon I couldn't fight and I fell asleep. Or I thought I did. The noise of my window being opened brutally made me open my eyes frightened. Lauren came in and closed the window carefully and only then she looked at me.

"Sorry, I didn't want to wake you." she whispered.

"What are you doing here then?" I narrowed my eyes and I tried to focus on her.

"Well, Ally told me that you were thinking of breaking up with me." she said with a half laugh. "I came here to prevent you from doing that."

Lauren came up to my bed slowly and sat down on my side.

Of course Ally would say something.

"You couldn't wait until tomorrow?" I grumbled and rolled in my bed with my back to her. "What time is it?"

If I had really slept now would be around two in the morning I think. She really has no right time to break into my room

"You want to break up with me?" she asked in a whisper.

"No, I mean..." I sighed without looking at her yet. "I just want to sleep right now."

"What do you mean then?" she insisted. "Are you serious? Why are you even—"

"I don't know, okay?" I finally turned to her side. I took my hands on my face and squeezed my eyes shut.

She switch on the lamp on my nightstand then I could see her face now. Her eyes were puffy as if she'd been crying. I mean, she did at the beach but this seemed more recent. She was apparently sleeping, or trying too because she was wearing only a shirt and sweatpants just like me.

"Are you kidding? What's wrong now?" she raised her voice.

"Lauren, shh." I scolded her. Last thing I wanted here was my mom.

"No," she ignored me. "You say you don't want them to ruin everything, but you're doing it on your own!"

I sat on my bed to look better at her. "Lauren," I said quietly.