32

"It's okay, everything it's okay now." I heard someone say softly, almost in a whisper.

This was the first thing I knew was real. Well, that and my unbearable headache. I thought I was dreaming, because my mind was completely a mess, but I remembered where I was before.

I opened my eyes immediately, but wasn't as fast as I wanted. My eyelids were heavy and I blinked a few times. I realized that I wasn't outside of the house anymore.

The room was dark, and this definitely was not my room. I hadn't heard any music at all, it was an eerie silence there. I was in the room of some stranger, in a house that was not mine, and I had no idea what was going on. Zayn. He did this to me. Just thinking about him, his face when he was talking to me... I started to panic.

"Can you hear me?"

I didn't know who it was yet, and I felt a light grip on my hand that the person was holding.

"Lauren?" I muttered, I couldn't see who but I really hopped it was her. It was a girl, though. My vision was a blur and this pissed me off.

"Lauren is not here."

Once listening to that I forced my eyes to stay open, trying to see who it was and pulled my hand, but I was so weak.

"W-who? Who are you?" I stammered, trying to move away.

What the fuck did Zayn put in my drink? I felt completely useless. I couldn't see straight, couldn't move my body nor shout for help.

"Relax, love. You're safe now."

"Who the hell are y-ou?" I whimpered, feeling my eyes fill with tears.

This could not be happening. If it wasn't Zayn or Lauren, was the only person that Lauren begged me to stay away.

"Don't worry," Normani said quietly. She turned on the light on the side of the bed and I closed my eyes tightly, the light was really uncomfortable.

She was sitting next to me, her hands holding tightly to mine.

"W-here is Lauren? I- I have to find her." I muttered desperate and tried to stand up, but the best I got was to take my head from the pillow before Normani put her hands on my shoulders and push me back to bed.

"No, you better stay here." she said calmly. "You're not ready to go yet, what you took is very strong."

"How do you know?" I questioned, but it was obvious.

I saw her with Zayn. She helped him with this, of course.

"I need to get out of here," I said firmly.

"I told you already, you can't." Normani said harshly.

"Not yet, you may pass out at any moment, love." she spoke gently again and cleared her throat.

"Look, I'm doing you a favor here, believe me." she continued. "Why don't you just let me take care of you?"

"I don't trust you." I muttered and she laughed softly.

"Why not? Because Lauren asked you not to?"

"It's because I d-don't fucking trust you!" I spat the words.

"God, she said to you that I'm the villain here, didn't she?" Normani sighed. "Of course she would say that. She is still hurt, but here between us, it's been already one year."

"Shut up." I closed my eyes, hoping this would be over soon.

"I think it would be fair if you listen to the two sides of the story." Normani said firmly.