26

"I love you."

I didn't know how to react. I was speechless for a few seconds. Seconds enough for panic taking Lauren's face. I was surprised, not unhappy. I didn't know how to react to be honest, I really didn't see this coming.

"Shit." she breathed. "I shouldn't have--"

"Lauren," I held tight to her hand when she did mention to get away from me.

"Of course I shouldn't.. what the hell was I thinking?" she laughed nervously. "I mean, I don't know what came over me. I'm so sorry."

"Lauren." I called her again, more firmly this time, to make her look at me. "Can you stop?"

"Forget I said that." she looked at me finally. "It was really stupid, I don't know why I said."

"Could you just shut up?" I almost yelled, taking her attention.

"Please." I spoke more softly with a weak smile. Good thing I didn't scared her. "It wasn't stupid."

She breathed more relieved this time, her eyes fell on our hands intertwined. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"You didn't. I'm just.. surprised." I admitted with a smile.

She surprised me that night when she asked me to date her. I don't think she would stop doing that kind of thing. And I don't think I would have a different reaction. But now, I don't know what to say just as easy as that time.

Back there I was sure of how I felt about her and it was easy to say yes without thinking twice. She had caught me in a way I couldn't run away or deny anymore. Now I didn't feel saying the same thing to her. Should be on the tip of my tongue but wasn't quite like this.

God I liked her. She was unbelievable and I couldn't complain. I've before but the way she is only make me like her even more. I like the way she makes me feel too and everything but I couldn't say something that I don't know. Especially when it meant for her.

"And scared." she said, still avoiding looking at me. "Forget about it.. came at the wrong time."

"I can't, like, just forget it." I laughed softly. I could see her cheeks getting red and it was adorable.

"Please. You didn't even say back, which proves how wrong it was that I said that."

"I didn't mean that I don't love you or anything." I explained quickly. "I just don't.. you know, I don't know much about it."

She frowned. "You've been there." I remember her on the entire history with Normani. Lauren's face changed color again and this time it was my turn to look at her confused.

"Hey, what is it?" I asked worried.

"You're right." she sighed and cupped my face. Her lips curved in a smile. "I'm so sorry."

"You don't have to apologize." I assured her. "Just wait until I'm ready."

Well, that's going to happen eventually, right? I don't see myself with anyone else but her right now and I like how things are going. Among some stumbling here and there, Lauren saying that was good for me to have even more sure about us. Although it may have come too soon. I mean, we haven't been together for a lot time but it just feels so right.

"Okay." she caressed my cheek. "I'll wait."

A few seconds later the door opened and a desperate Dinah went through. "Mila? Damn, I thought you had fled or something."

I looked at Lauren and she laughed playfully. "There's no way out of here. Is a bathroom."

"Yeah, whatever." Dinah rolled her eyes and walked up to us. "Are you feeling all right?"