47

I woke up exhausted the next day. I didn't want to get out of bed but my mother threatened me if I didn't join them for breakfast and it was too early, I didn't see the point. So after a lot of courage I dragged myself downstairs.

"Just tell me what happened, Alejandro." I heard her say angrily. "I'll find out one way or another."

"Morning," I said with a frown as I entered the kitchen.

My mother disguised and sighed, she didn't hide her frustration from me anymore, but apparently they were talking about something I shouldn't know, or probably about me, I didn't care anymore. Honestly after yesterday I didn't care about pretty much anything.

"Good Morning." my father said, and I looked at him in surprise. It was the first time he drove me the word and Sofi wasn't even around for him to pretend we were a happy family.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked genuinely interested.

"What?"

"I'm just asking." he said defensive.

"Yeah, I did." I lied, looking at my mother for answers but she just sighed tired, going to pick up a plate for me and I got some juice on the table.

Last night was at the top of the worst nights. There was always another to replace, though. I guess that's my luck now, like Dinah said. I had enough bad luck. Lauren left me. She simply walked away. I needed some time to understand what had really happened until the girls appeared worried.

I was just the pieces. I don't think Sofi had seen me like that before and I didn't want to show her my weakness then she said she would take care of me again and wouldn't leave me alone, even though I haven't told the real reason for everything. I just couldn't see her sad.

Ally said I couldn't come home that way so we went to eat somewhere until I managed to calm down and go home without my parents question about what happened. All they know is that the night was wonderful. Partially it was.

"Okay, I think I better go." my father said finishing his coffee.

He would start his new job as my mother had a few days off in the week from hers. I wasn't sure yet which, but today he would try the position of second assistant in a construction company. It was a reunion I guess and he would start Monday, tomorrow. Lately he has been building the treehouse he promised Sofi but he was half progress when finally got this job and couldn't refuse.

"See you later," he told my mother and kissed her cheek, but I knew they weren't on good terms.

"You too, Mija" he said to me with a nod before leaving.

I waited the front door close to ask my mother when she joined me at the table. "What the fuck just happened?"

"Camila, language!" she scolded me and I muttered a 'sorry'.

"He woke up like this. I think he's trying to change, you know, his behavior. He's been a bit... stressed with both of us, I guess he's trying to make it up."

"Yeah, it will not happen." I scoffed.

What happened yesterday was mainly because of him, he started all this.

"He said you're not grounded anymore." she took a sip of her coffee, showing me a small smile.

I frowned. "But I'm not. Dinah told me." I took a forkful of my pancake.

"You were still grounded. We only allowed you to go out a bit. In fact I allowed." she shrugged. "He didn't like, but he couldn't argue with me."

"I think I shouldn't have left anyway." I said quietly, drinking my juice and my mother looked at me worried.