45

"Morning." I heard Lauren say while she caressed my cheek with her thumb.

I smiled, opening my eyes to make sure she was real. I slept very well in spite of the events last night, with her I was somewhat calm and relaxed. She was lying on my side looking at me with those big green eyes.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked lazily.

She nodded and I closed my eyes again. I was still sleepy, and by the annoying sunlight that illuminated the room I knew it was a little late.

"You?" she asked a bit concerned.

I smiled again, she looked a bit tense too. This was different from the Lauren who would take advantage of this time alone to do something inappropriate. Not that I'm complaining of the time she did.

"Yes, really good." I mumbled. "Thank you.."

I assured her with a bright smile, holding her waist and pulling her close. I feel safe with her and I forgot about all the bad things knowing that she'd be there with me all night.

"Good." she muttered, looking at me seriously.

"Okay, then what's the matter?" I sighed.

"Nothing. I'm just glad you're feeling better, babe." she smiled weakly, not convincing me at all.

"I'm better when I'm with you." I said honestly. "I don't know if I could go through all this without you, Laur."

"You wouldn't have to be going through this if it were not for me, Camz."

I stared at her a little angry. Not this again. "It could be anyone else, it doesn't matter."

"Yeah, not if you were dating some idiot guy. I'm sure the situation would be different." Lauren huffed, rolling her eyes.

"But it's not. I'm dating an idiot girl." I told her. "You're the most amazing, caring and loving girl I was fortunate enough to have just for me, so deal with it."

"I heard everything, Camz. I could feel what you were feeling, and not being able to protect you made me so mad! I tried my best not to go out that window and defend you from him. And now I'm feeling like shit for not doing it and be responsible for everything that happened."

I knew she was listening to everything but I don't think what would have happened if she had interfered in the discussion.

"Lauren, you are not responsible! And there was nothing you could have done." I sat on the bed, looking better at her. "So stop thinking that way. He will change his mind eventually."

"That's not what you said yesterday."

"I was hurt and felt like it was the end of the world, but being with you showed me that isn't." Lauren looked at me hopefully. "You're all I need to face my father or anyone who says that loving you is not the right thing to do."

That seemed to calm her down a little. She nodded slightly so I lay back beside her. A comfortable silence remained between us for a moment then I looked at her, checking her features.

I pouted playfully to bright the mood but didn't have any reaction from her. So I rolled on top of her unexpectedly and kissed her, then distribute soft kisses through her jaw up to her ear.

"I love you," I whispered, placing a kiss behind her ear and I heard her gasp when I moved my lips to her neck.

"Camz," Lauren grabbed my waist when I gave a slight bite. I smiled against her skin, I was happy that I could provoke that on her the same way.

"Yeah?" I asked innocently, bringing my lips back to hers and kissed lovingly, she returned the same way briefly.

"I have to go." she murmured against my lips.