49

"Dinah I'll kill you." I whispered in my pillow as my phone wouldn't stop ringing.

I knew it was her. She was committed to finding Lauren and anything she found out she had to tell me immediately. Even if it was almost two in the morning. I picked up the phone and answered half asleep.

"Why? Why can't you wait until morning?" I complained sleepy.

"Because I miss you now." Lauren's voice woke me up instantly.

"Lauren?" I said in surprise, sitting on my bed.

"This is me." she slurred, and then she chuckled. She was drunk. "And you it's you."

"Lauren." I whispered with a slight disappointment. I miss her voice. Her laughter. But it hurt a little to see her like that.

"I told you, that's me." she repeated. "And I, and I wanted to tell you. I wanted to tell you it's not easy."

I took a deep breath and held any tear that dared leave now. "What?"

"Forget you." she said quietly.

My heart sank in my chest. I wasn't sure if I should believe. Drunken words are true, right? But she left me anyway.

"Why are you doing this, Lauren?" I questioned upset.

"Because I was only able to muster up the courage to call you after a few shots of tequila." she laughed proudly.

"Not that, Lauren. Why did you leave me?" I went straight to the point.

If I wanted answers, perhaps taking advantage of her state it would be the only way.

"Uh, that..." she sighed. "It wasn't my choice, Camzi. They told me it would be better, but- but it's not. This sucks, you know? And... But the good part is that I have VIP pass to all shows."

I frowned confused while Lauren laughed playfully.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned a little irritated.

"Shhhh." Lauren giggled. "Don't tell mommy."

I ran a hand through my hair and took a deep breath to calm myself down. Lauren continued on saying nonsense for a few minutes for anything I asked her.

"Lauren, just tell me where you are."

"I can't tell you, it's secret Camz!" she said seriously.

She definitely wasn't where she said she would, but I would make her tell me.

"You told your mother you were at your grandparents."

"Yeah, that's what I told her." she couldn't help but laugh now. "Shhhh."

"Lauren-- fuck!" I said frustrated.

"I love it when you talk dirty." she said in a deep voice. "I miss that too, when you swear while my hands and my mouth are all over you-"

"Lauren, focus!" I interrupted her. "Just tell me where you really are!"

"Don't yell at me." she whimpered like a spoiled kid. "Why would you?"

"I'm sorry- I just, I really miss you." I confessed. "You have to come back."

She sighed. "I can't... I have to go."

"No! Lauren, wait, please." I insisted.

"Shhh," she laughed softly. "Quiet, Camz."