34. Wintersweets

Incheon Airport, Seoul, December 4, 2023

Three years and five months have passed since he had been in that place he called home. It felt strange for him, being there after so long. He walked with his suitcase towards the entrance of the enormous airport where a large number of cars and taxis were waiting for passengers. He took one of those cabs, letting the driver place his luggage in the trunk.

"Where are you going sir?" the middle age driver asked with a smile on his face while eyeing the omega sitting comfortably in the backseat.

"Take me here please," the deep velvety voice said handing a piece of paper written to the driver.

"First time in Seoul?" the middle-aged man asked politely, trying to make good conversation with the gorgeous omega occupying the backseat of his taxi.

But the omega wasn't interested. He looks briefly to the front just to turn his face over the window once again, watching the city lights flickering different colors contrasting the darkness of the night. "I used to live here," the omega said taking off the hood of his jacket, already missing the warmness of the faux fur interior of the hood. He ran his fingers through his golden blonde locks, accustomed to feeling them longer than before, cascading to each side giving him a very ethereal vibe.

"I'm sorry for my rudeness sir but are you an idol?" the driver asked letting out an awkward laugh and earning a gentle grin from the blonde. "Or maybe a model?"

"No" he simply replied looking down at his phone and checking the hour. Already past eight.

"You should consider it. I would pay for pictures of you" The driver laughed again just to gasp moments after knowing how badly that sounded. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it in a bad way... please don't misunderstand!"

The blonde omega laughed at that, a gentle laugh, almost delicate. His gaze looked again at the streets while a feeling of uneasiness was making his guts twist. He haven't called anyone before taking the plane from Japan to Korea, he wanted to surprise his family. Finally, he was returning home. The streets of Seoul were the same, but at the same time, everything had changed. Everything moved on in his absence. But what scared the omega the most was the changes in people. It was foolish to imagine everyone would remain the same. He knew he didn't, he wasn't the same as three years ago. That Taehyung was gone.

Taehyung arrived home and he felt like a stranger suddenly. Even when the Kim Beans Café was exactly how he remember it. The trees didn't have any leaves left and there weren't people at the tables in the front garden because of the cold weather of December. But the smell was still the same, homemade cookies and Christmas eve, hot chocolate, and gingerbread. And Taehyung found himself humming in delight, a smile on his face as he walked closer to the entrance eyeing the signboard that said 'Closed'. He rubbed his hands together shivering by the cold and without wasting more time he pushed the door open and immediately his gaze fell upon his older brother.

The elder omega was cleaning the countertop, a tired look on his face as he spoke. "We're close... don't you read the sign?" he said scoffing, not lifting his gaze to see who the customer was.

Taehyung smirked, faking a loud gasp. "Is that how you greet your brother?"

Jin freezes in the spot, eyes wide open at hearing those words, that voice. He lifted his gaze quickly and Taehyung swore his eyes were about to pop out. "Oh my god... Tae??!" the omega squealed loudly running towards the younger omega who was smiling gently at him, his gorgeous boxy smile at full display.

Jin crashed his body against Taehyung's hugging him tightly and lifting the blonde in the air. "I can't breathe hyung..."

"Sorry... sorry... oh my god..." Jin sobbed leaving his brother on the ground again, touching his arms and then his face, making sure Taehyung was there. "You're here..."