06: Bittersweet Symphony

Park Jimin felt happy that day and he thought nothing could change that. He had studied for his medical test and knew all the matters very well, so he was feeling confident. Yoongi promised him that night they would be having a Harry Potter marathon. And lastly, Taehyung replied to his text saying to meet up the next day and drink hot cocoa together. So yeah, Jimin felt really happy.

Maybe this time everything would work out fine, and all the bad past experiences could go right into the garbage. No more stereotypes and genotypes to force love and confidence on him, that was his wish.

And by the time lunch period came, he was waiting for his best friend Jeongguk to come and have something to eat with him and rant about the meeting with his mother.

But all went to hell when he heard the new gossip from the girls sitting at the table behind him.

He knew that rumors were carried by haters, rumors were spread by fools, and rumors were accepted by idiots but that time two names earned his attention.

Jeon Jeongguk and Kim Taehyung.

His heart started to beat faster and hard against his chest, he felt his hands go numb and his face heats up, and suddenly the air was hard to breathe.

"Did you see it? the new guy and that omega boy were kissing!"

"What? Let me see!"

"Is all over Instagram"

"What? Do you mean the Jeon's heir and an omega? Which male omega?"

"That pretty boy with blonde hair"

"Oh, well they kinda look good together don't you think?"

"But that guy was dating the captain of the football team"

"Oh you are right, so they broke up? Or is he a cheater?"

"Probably cheater, you know male omegas are all sluts"

"Yeah I don't like them, they always get the good-looking alphas"

"Well but Jeon Jeongguk is a whole buffet so I hope is nothing serious, I'm keeping my hopes on! Maybe we match on the lovegen app!"

After hearing almost all the conversation from the group of girls, Jimin was quick to take his phone from his pocket to see his own social media. He scrolled the page trying to find if he follows someone from the uni but of course, he didn't. Just his friends and his friends wouldn't spread rumors and compromising pictures of people. So Jimin did what anyone with a brain would do, he went to the hashtags parts typing #jeonheir on it.

There it was, a picture of his dearest friend, Jeongguk, cupping the face of his crush, Taehyung, and sharing a peck on the lips. It wasn't an obscene picture at all, it was rather cute. But for the small alpha, it was heartbreaking. And he didn't blame Jeongguk for it, he wasn't even mad.

After all, he felt like a coward, having more than a year crushing on a boy without even talking to him. And then Jeongguk came and after what? a day? He went for what he wanted, and he got it. Or at least it looked like he got it. No, Jimin wasn't angry, he was just heartbroken.

And he pitied himself, hated himself, and blamed himself for it.

Maybe everything would go away? Like nothing had happened? But rumors spread fast, especially those involving the famous Jeon Jeongguk, heir of the Jeon enterprises and wanted bachelor.

And one of the few male omegas in the university, the one who was so fascinating and inaccessible because of his beauty, scent, and his cold attitude towards others, and of course no one forgot to mention that he was dating the football captain.