04: Interstate Love Song

The day went by as usual. Most classes were finished and students were going already home, except for Taehyung.

The omega was currently hiding behind some big flowerpots next to the long stairs filled with students. Among them was Lim Jaebum, looking everywhere for him.

Taehyung wasn't a bad person but confronting his problems and personal drama made him extremely anxious, and that's why he decided to just hide instead of facing his boyfriend. He was avoiding downloading the lovegen app, showing Jaebum they were not soulmates, and broke up with him. He wanted to avoid the crisis, at least as much as he could.

He didn't want to hurt Jaebum, but he didn't notice that he was already doing it.

Just from above the stairs, the only pure-blood alpha was leaning against the railing with his arms crossed against his chest and an amused grin on his face, watching intensely at the hiding omega.

Jaebum was standing all the way down the stairs, looking around to each side trying to catch a glimpse of Taehyung, his phone in his hand as he continued to call him with no response. He sighed frustrated, scratching his hair messily. The cheerleader omega from before came jogging to him and saying something that Taehyung couldn't catch. Jaebum scowled not moving at all, ignoring the girl's attempts.

Taehyung was quiet and not moving at all while looking at the pair, hoping for them to leave so he could just go home. His fingers turned white and cold from pressing them for too long against the large stone flowerpots that were hiding him. His lower lip was already swollen from all the biting he did out of nervousness. And some golden locks fell on his eyes while the fluffy hood of his oversized sweater covered most of his hair.

And suddenly he yelped loudly, jumping like a scary cat and almost pushing one of the flowerpots downstairs with the sudden touch on his shoulder.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" it was Jeongguk, staring down at him trying to look apologetic but the smirk plastered on his handsome face said otherwise.

Taehyung just put his hand on his chest feeling his heart beating furiously, he didn't know if it was because the alpha startled him or something else.

"Shh!" The omega shushed him, staring at the pair downstairs. Jaebum was already looking up to check what the commotion was about.

Jeongguk looked clueless.

"Damnit" Taehyung muttered, grabbing Jeongguk's hand and pulling him down next to him, hiding the alpha as well.

Jeongguk now looked amused.

"So" Jeongguk began to say. "Why are we hiding?" His voice was melodic but deep and had a tint of smugness in it. Taehyung practically could hear the smirk in that voice.

Taehyung looked at the alpha, furrowing his brows and just noticing how close they were to each other and how he still had a firm grip on his hand. The omega was quick to let him go, looking away, annoyed.

"Keep it down please," Taehyung said, not making eye contact but anxious enough for the closeness of their bodies. He could feel the alpha's warmth against his own.

Jeongguk smiled at him, softly humming. He took the opportunity to watch closely at Taehyung's features. He was beautiful, very enticing, it made his chest tight and his heart beat faster. He wanted to lean in and touch him but that would probably make the omega even jumpier so he restrained himself from doing something stupid.

A look of relief bathed the omega's face, making him appear soft. Jeongguk looked at the alpha from before with the omega girl as they began to walk away.

"Who is he?" Jeongguk asked cocking an eyebrow in a curious way, he was in a crouching position and resting his hands on his knees.

"No one you should care about" Taehyung's answer sounded colder than he intended.