40. Vanilla

[Adult content warning ahead]

Jeongguk carried Taehyung on his back from the parking lot of his building towards his apartment, not minding the weird looks the staff gave him. He walked continuously questioning himself about bringing Taehyung to his home, the same apartment they used to share years before. Jeongguk thought about selling that place and moving out of it but the memories kept him warm and calm in the intimacy of his private home. Also, the lingering scent comes from random things that used to belong to the omega. He kept their home without any changes, and that's why he never brought anyone there, it was a refuge for him. And bringing Taehyung home again would make that part of him open again, letting him in.

Jeongguk hesitated, he still had doubts if he should let Taehyung in. It wasn't just letting him inside the apartment, it was letting him inside his heart too. Showing him his most vulnerable part again. But Taehyung was feeling sick, having awful side effects from quitting the suppressants and the approaching heat. And Jeongguk would never let the omega alone in a time like this. Not with other alphas around, never.

The omega was mumbling things while sleeping, whining about the shudders his body was producing, his hands wrapped firmly against the alpha's neck and his legs draped tightly around his waist. Jeongguk's scent was calming for him, it eased the uncomfortable feeling in his body. And the alpha could sense his sweet aroma becoming stronger, especially his vanilla accord. Taehyung's vanilla scent was sensual and creamy and mouth-watering.

Jeongguk confirmed vanilla was a natural aphrodisiac when he met Taehyung.

They entered the apartment, and Jeongguk thought everything felt warmer and homier with the omega around again. He walked towards the bedroom placing Taehyung on his bed softly. The omega kept shivering, the pink color of his cheeks not vanishing.

Jeongguk crunched down to check on the blonde, placing his hand on his forehead. "Ggukie... is this our bed?" the omega asked, eyes still glistering as he barely managed to open them.

The alpha gulped, a light frown on his face. "Yeah... is the same bed" he whispered, watching the omega's face closely. How soft his features were, and sharp at the same time. He couldn't help himself when he started to run his fingers through his blonde locks, leaning down and placing a small kiss on his nose, earning a content smile from Taehyung. "Tell me what I can do for you, Tae" the alpha muttered, feeling how his heart was starting to beat again. "I have ginseng tea... maybe that would make you feel better?"

"I just need to rest for a bit," the omega said softly, not opening his eyes and trying to cuddle with the pillow that has Jeongguk's scent all over. "Your scent... is so calming..." he muttered effectively falling asleep.

Jeongguk sighed standing up and going to the living room with a blanket. He couldn't stand to be so close to Taehyung, especially if the omega was smelling that sweet and alluring. Was it a good idea to bring Taehyung to his apartment when he was having heat symptoms? No, Jeongguk knew well the little self-control he has near the omega. But imagining Taehyung close to others alphas during this time was way worse.

By the giant couch, Jeongguk was lying in there with Nochu on his stomach looking at the ceiling lost in his thoughts. His mind went back to the earlier events when Taehyung had kissed him, and he kissed the omega back with passion. The alpha rose his hand, fingers tracing his lips sensing a part of Taehyung in them, a lingering tingling buzz and a sweet flavor. And hell, Jeongguk was confused. He felt lost between his rational mind telling him to stay away and alerting him to not get hurt again. And lost between his emotional heart, begging to come to life again, beating fast for the omega, mending the threads of love he once hid.