39. Paper Hearts

Jeon Jeongguk was clever and charming. Besides, something he learned from his mother was to cunningly get out of difficult situations. And of course, to use the money to their advantage. And that's exactly what Jeongguk did after finally coming back to work to calm the chaos surrounding the Jeons' Labs because of the massive number of suicide victims. The young CEO gathered the mourning families and some reporters to give a very touching speech and a high amount of money to compensate for their loss.

And the families took it, as a matter of generosity from the Jeon's Labs really. Because with Jung Hoseok next to Jeongguk ready to attack if anyone dares to sue the company, they had no chance to win over them. Especially since the Lovegen App is for public use, with conditions and restrictions, and as usual, the company doesn't take responsibility for the mismanagement.

"Thank you for coming and we're really sorry for your loss" Jeongguk bowed politely to the families as they keep coming to collect their checks. And every people had to sign a form before taking the compensation. Hoseok was there, making sure to not let any empty spot on the legal contract those people were agreeing to sign. After that, no one could dare to defame, use private information or take legal action against the Jeons' Labs.

"Thank you, Mr. Jeon... you're really kind," an elderly woman said bowing to the young alpha who was taken aback by the lady's humble behavior. Jeongguk was used to dealing with rich empty people, who only cared for money and status. So the alpha couldn't help but feel slightly bad for the lady now.

"Jeon Jeongguk, good job today," Hoseok said packing up his things and handing the papers to Jeongguk's assistant. "This is a good thing for the company's image after the whole mess from those people blaming everything on the app"

Jeongguk just listened to him, not wanting to keep talking about people committing suicide because of their application. His mind was far from anything related to work, even if he tried to concentrate it was difficult. Everything went back to Taehyung.

"So you're up for it?" Hoseok asked smiling widely.

Jeongguk cocked an eyebrow confused. "Up for what?"

The beta rolled his eyes, wrapping an arm around the alpha's shoulders. "For having fun tonight! It's been a long time since we all got together! You didn't go to Jin's party the other day and I want us all to hang out! You can even bring Joy if you're not comfortable enough to be around Taehyung by yourself" Hoseok said, still smiling and still very much oblivious.

The alpha stopped in his tracks, furrowing his eyebrows with an annoyed expression on his face. "Hoseok... elaborate, I don't get what you're saying"

"Karaoke tonight! There's this new place with really good reviews on the internet. They sell good drinks and food" the beta explained wriggling his eyebrows excitedly to his friend. "So... are you in?"

Jeongguk sighed heavily, hands reaching for his hair to ruffle it messily. "I don't know... It'll be difficult for me if Taehyung is there..." he said resuming his walk to his office.

"But we will be there too! And you're already all moved on so what's the matter? You can just ignore him, right?" the beta said and Jeongguk was giving him an incredulous look, thinking Hoseok was really clueless. "I mean if you want to take your girlfriend with you I'm sure everyone will be fine with that... but please Jeonggukie, come with us, we really miss you," the beta said pouting and trying to act cute at the alpha making him groan.

"I'll think about it" Jeongguk replied unfazed, earning a giant smile from Hoseok.

----------------------------

Jeongguk thought about going or not to a night out with his friends. The last time he went out with them to a karaoke bar was when he was recently heartbroken, he was incredibly miserable and cried like a baby, drinking alcohol until he passed out. Not good memories for him. And this time, after so long, he convinced himself that he didn't want to see Taehyung. Jeongguk wanted to ignore the omega for the rest of his life, especially after the blonde hugged him so sweetly, still remembering vividly Taehyung's warm body pressed against his own like two magnets, and those words he said with that beautiful whispering voice 'I'm very happy to see you again' got Jeongguk dumbfounded, awestruck. The alpha wanted to pull the omega closer, wanted to wrap his arms around him like he used to do it. Strong arms protective around his omega, his love. The world around them becoming unimportant.