41. Vermillion

Hello! This chapter was missing from the story, I don't know why. Please read it to understand better the next chap "Bergamot"

-------------------------

Friday morning felt warmer than usual. Jeongguk didn't want to get up from his comfy bed with the gorgeous omega on his side. But he had responsibilities and a meeting at 11. And he was still conflicted about Taehyung. He once gave him his heart thinking the omega would take care of it, but he didn't. He shattered it, and now Jeongguk was terrified of repeating the past.

But he was even more terrified of losing Taehyung again.

The alpha tapped Taehyung softly to wake him up, earning a soft groan from the blonde. "Hey, Tae... I have to go to work now" he said supporting himself on an elbow, turning to look at him better.

Taehyung blinked his eyes open, staring back at the alpha. "We should talk Jeongguk" His voice was raspy from having just woken up.

Jeongguk sighed, passing a hand through his black hair. "About how we had lots of sex?" he asked trying to tease the omega, but Taehyung was not amused.

"I'm serious," the blonde said sitting on the bed. "We should talk about us"

The alpha fell silent for a moment, watching Taehyung and feeling a light pain in his chest again. "I can't just go back to your arms like a lovesick puppy, Taehyung"

The omega crawled a little bit closer to the alpha's side. "I know..." he whispered tracing Jeongguk's tattooed arm with his fingers, discovering the beautiful ink his ex-boyfriend wore. "But are you willing to let me try to make it right?" he asked, shy eyes searching for Jeongguk's approval.

Jeongguk just stared back at the omega, letting him draw imaginary lines on his tattoos like he was some type of canvas. "Make it right?" Jeongguk asked softly seeing a pretty smile appear on Taehyung's face. "You know my heart is yours," the alpha said closing his eyes and feeling the omega getting on top of him to hold him closer, kissing him softly.

"I want to know something..." Taehyung said breaking the kiss and looking at Jeongguk with an indecipherable expression. Jeongguk just waited for the omega to ask. "How did you... hold on through these years...?"

"You want to know how I survived the heartbreak?" Jeongguk bluntly asked. Taehyung nodded, feeling slightly small under that piercing gaze the alpha was giving him. "You really want to know?"

"Yeah... please tell me" the omega replied softly, his heart beating fast with anxiety.

Jeongguk sighed heavily, grabbing the omega with his hands to softly lift him and place him next to him in the bed, turning and giving him his back. "First year I wanted to die... I felt painfully empty" he said pausing for a minute to take a deep breath. "And when I was about to give up I went to Busan to see your dad"

Taehyung frowned. "W-what? You went to meet Ducky?"

"Yeah," Jeongguk replied looking at nothing in particular, feeling the warmth of Taehyung's body on his back. "Ducky showed me ways to handle that horrible feeling of having your heart broken. He taught me to flip the switch"

"What?" Taehyung asked confused.

"Flipping the switch of your emotions, Taehyung" Jeongguk replied turning his body to face the omega, his eyes looking void and null again. "I turned my emotions off"

"So you just don't feel anymore? You don't have emotions now?"

"I'm not a vampire Taehyung, of course, I feel" Jeongguk scoffed, grinning almost mockingly. "I just block every overwhelming feeling that becomes too much for me to handle..." he said, and the omega looked at him with something Jeongguk took only as pity. "Don't fucking dare to look at me like that"