18: The Truth Untold I

Jeon Chie was sitting on a fancy white leather settee, one hand holding a glass of red wine and the other lightly shaking. With a stern gaze, she was observing in silence the three boys walking from upstairs to the garden carrying boxes with Jeongguk's things. Surprisingly, Jeongguk didn't have many things in the house, mostly clothes, shoes, school supplies, tech necessities, and miscellaneous items, which were a lot.

The woman was lost in her thoughts while watching her son packing his things to move away from their house. She had the urge to stand up and stop him, to beg him to stay with her and not leave her alone, but the words didn't come out. It was futile, her pride and ambition absorbing her compassion and affection.

She only reacted when Jeongguk was in front of her, looking down at her with a bored look. She cleared her throat looking up at her son, noticing they were done packing. The small truck outside with most of the boxes while Jeongguk's car was already full.

"I'm going," the alpha said, voice cold and eyes boring into his mother.

Jeon Chie grimaced, leaving her wine glass on the crystal table next to the settee. "Can I talk to you for a moment?" she asked, gaze cold like ice never leaving her son's form. Red lips curled down into a grimace.

"My friends are waiting..."

"And I'm sure they can wait a little longer," she said patting the spot next to her on the white leather settee.

Jeongguk sighed with a nod, dropping himself with a noisy thump on the seat, eyes darting anywhere but to his mother. "What do you want?" the young male asked, fingers tapping rapidly against his thighs.

"Jeongguk" she started, turning her body to look at her son. "I need some things from you before you leave"

"I'm listening" Jeongguk answered, turning his face to look at her as well.

"First, the money you earn is from our company so you need to work for it too, that means whenever I need you to do photoshoots or interviews you will do it, no complaining," she said raising an eyebrow and Jeongguk scoffed but nodded either way. "Second, maintain your relationship with that boy discreetly please, we need to keep your image impeccable as a wanted bachelor unless your partner can benefit our company. Unfortunately, Kim Taehyung doesn't" she said with a tint of bitterness in her last words.

Jeongguk scoffed loudly again. "Are you serious? His brother invented that fucking app, what more benefits can you get from them?" the alpha growled glaring at his mother, who just rolled her eyes.

"Fine but still, be discrete and don't get him pregnant. That would be a major disaster" Chie said and Jeongguk sighed throwing his head to the back of the settee. "By the way, do you have Kim Namjoon's phone number?"

"What?" Jeongguk snapped, returning to his previous position, eyebrows furrowed.

"I need to make a proposition to him, to improve our app... who better than the creator of it?" Chie said with an amused grin.

"I'm not gonna fucking give you his number, plus I don't have it" Jeongguk snapped again, gritting his teeth and letting a muttered growl warn his mother.

"But your little boyfriend does," the woman said, a smirk plastered on her face, red lips curling at the edges cunningly. Jeongguk wanted to wipe out that grin off her.

"Fuck no" the alpha growled, ready to stand up and leave the house, along with his mother.

"Jeongguk language" Chie scolds, extending one hand to her son to make him stop his movement.

"Tell me what you did to Kim Namjoon" Jeongguk said through gritted teeth again, dark brown eyes burning into coal ones.

"What?" his mother snapped back, eyes big and a deep frown on her forehead.