42. Bergamot

"Ugh... Joy..." Hoseok muttered backing away from the woman who abruptly entered the office with a dark aura surrounding her.

She set her eyes on Taehyung, glaring at him with nothing but hate. "I need to talk to him"

"Shit" the beta muttered while Taehyung was looking at her with big eyes and a deep scowl on his pretty face. Jimin on the other hand became defensive in an instant, he placed an arm around the omega's waist in a shielding manner, glaring back at the woman.

Taehyung smiled at his friend, standing up from the shaggy carpet. "It's okay... I can handle her" he whispered to Jimin who nodded hesitantly. The male omega walked towards the girl crossing his arms against his chest and eyeing her down. "What do you need Joy?"

"I want to speak with you" she snarled.

She was shaking in resentment, biting hardly her bottom lip while her mascara was a mess under her eyes and her red face was slightly bloated. She looked nothing like the girl Taehyung used to know, which made him feel sympathy towards her, sensing she was in distress at the moment. He sighed, dropping his defensive stance, and nodding.

"Let's talk outside," the blonde said grabbing his jacket while Joy followed him closely. Jimin and Hoseok stood there speechless and quite nervous. And Jimin being the dramatic good friend that he is, immediately texted Jeongguk.

Taehyung found himself standing near the Han River with Joy by his side, watching the blue water flickering grey shadows, reflecting the grey-dusted clouds above them. The girl had calmed down, she had stopped shaking and her skin went back to its pale color. Taehyung remembered the times he and Joy worked together during their omega classes, but soon those good vibes between them went straight to the dump when Joy set her eyes on his boyfriend. Taehyung felt jealous for the first time in his life.

"Remember the omega auction day?" Joy's voice distracted his thoughts. "When I told you how lucky you were to have Jeongguk with you?"

Taehyung remembered everything clearly, and it made his blood boil. "Yes, I do... and I remember telling you to stay away from my boyfriend, but I guess you're deaf, huh?"

"I'm persistent" the girl answered not looking at the blonde omega at her side, her eyes focused on the tiny boats navigating in the river.

"More like dumb" the blonde scoffed, getting an offended gasp from the girl.

"You're dumber" she snapped back as Taehyung turned to glare at her. "You left Jeongguk and broke his heart, how could you? You really don't know how lucky you are! Jeongguk told me he would give us a chance but then you came back to ruin everything!" she spat attempting to swallow her anger but failing.

Taehyung stared at her blankly. "You should never have gotten into another people's relationship, together or separated he is mine, he is my soulmate and you knew it so don't give me that shit now" the male omega replied angrily.

Joy was taken aback for a moment, but she had nothing to lose anymore. And she let herself feel hate toward Taehyung. She wanted to see him miserable just like she was feeling at the moment. "He was the one who came to me you know? Jeongguk told me he despised you and then we slept together" she smirked, giggling and enjoying the sight of Taehyung grimacing.

"Was that before or after he started cheating on you with countless fuckbuddies?" he asked, crossing his arms against his chest and looking at Joy with nothing but pity.

The girl scoffed, opening her mouth but no words came out. "So you know... huh?" she said and Taehyung saw tears prickling in her eyes, as she turned her face to look at the grey river once again. "You don't care? Your fated soulmate slept with numerous strangers after all..."