24: Stigma

Taehyung had classes all Wednesday. He blamed Jeongguk internally for not waking him up in the morning when the alpha left, thanks to that and his dead phone because of the battery, he was very late for a very important class. He even met up with Jimin to work on their biology project for a while. And almost at 6 pm, he was already exhausted.

He wanted to go to Jeongguk's home and immerse into the warmness of the alpha's body, hear him whispering sweet words, and taste his delicious kisses. It was mentally demanding these new emotions, how badly he craved Jeongguk. It physically hurt him to be far from his alpha. But he had to show up at his house.

Jin used to say 'You live under my roof; you follow my rules'. It was bothersome but Taehyung could respect that. After all, Jin was his older brother, his legal guardian until he was eighteen, and now, he provides him with food, a home, a job, and the money for his education.

Jimin accompanied Taehyung to the coffee shop because he wanted to drink hot cocoa while working on an assignment in the place, an old habit of his. They were casually chatting about trivial things and university matters when Jimin caught a glimpse of Taehyung's ex-boyfriend inside the cafeteria. The small alpha halted his steps, placing a hand on Taehyung's shoulders to make him stop too.

Taehyung tilted his head confused looking at Jimin.

"Maybe you should go through the backyard..." the alpha said with a frown painted on his handsome gentle face.

Taehyung turned his face and furrowed his eyebrows at the scene inside the cafeteria. Jaebum was there, but he was quiet. It was the small woman next to him who wasn't. Her face was red while moving her arms like a maniac and probably yelling at Seokjin who was behind the counter with a deadpan expression.

Taehyung gulped.

"That's Jae's mother... she's very melodramatic," the blonde omega said, a pout forming on his lips. One hand grasped the blue sweater Jimin was wearing like he was asking for protection.

"Go through the backyard Tae... besides you need to charge your phone. Jeongguk is probably going crazy thinking someone kidnaps you or something" Jimin joked trying to lighten the mood, but Taehyung was looking utterly worried.

"Is okay... I should confront her. It's not the first time she comes to the coffee shop demanding explanations of why I ended things with Jae..." Taehyung heavily breathed, and with a determined look, he started walking again with Jimin following closely behind.

The moment Taehyung entered the cafeteria, making the little bell tingle, he felt himself going cold. Struggling with the words that needed to come out from his lips. It wasn't the fact that Jaebum was looking grimly at him. Or the fact that Jaebum's mother was yelling at Seokjin about how Taehyung has no shame and how he humiliated her beloved son.

It was Seokjin's hard stare.

Jaebum kept trying to make her stop, make her shut up, and get her out of the place. But the small plump woman didn't listen. She was one of those women who enjoys wealth, who loves to brag about her money and her house, and her designer items, and how awesome her son is and how successful her husband is. It wasn't a lie, they were accommodated due to Mr. Lim's hard work. But hell, she was those irritating superficial persons. So when she found out that Taehyung cheated on her only son, she felt ashamed.

"Oh, there he is, finally facing us! Don't you have shame Kim Taehyung? You cheating omega! You cheated on my son! Of course, our wealth wasn't enough for you! You have to go for a bigger fish! The Jeon's heir must be thrilled by having a cheating whore as a bo..."

"If you finish those words I won't hesitate to slap your arrogant face, Mrs. Lim," Seokjin said harshly, his face still as blank as before.

Taehyung felt shivers running down his spine. She probably already spilled everything about him dating Jeon Jeongguk and cheating on Jae with the Jeons' heir... And sincerely, Taehyung didn't care about the woman's hard words. He cared about Seokjin's reaction.