15. Beautiful Player

Jeongguk was currently sitting backstage at an entertainment company, with some staff ladies who were doing his make-up and hair.

Next to him was his mother, also getting her profound make-up done while she kept restraining the poor girl who was her current stylist.

Jeongguk ignored his mother as much as he could, giving her eye rolls and scoffs once in a while. But Jeon Chie didn't care, she kept talking about the things Jeongguk needed to say during the short interview after the photo shoot for CG magazine, the most buyable magazine in Korea.

The make-up artist who was applying foundation on Jeongguk's fair skin was having trouble finishing because the alpha kept moving his eyebrows and mouth in a scowl every time Jeon Chie demanded something new.

"I'm not lying in the interview mother" Jeongguk scoffed for the ten times in the last ten minutes. One scoff per minute.

"Jeongguk is not lying, it's adorning the facts in a way people would be satisfied" Chie responded with a smirk, eying her son through the big vanity mirror with led lights in the border.

"Then I'll adorn the fact that I have a boyfriend" Jeongguk mocked his mother with a playful grin, making her tsk and roll her eyes.

"Jeongguk, you have to say you are a bachelor, that's the whole point of this interview" Chie deadpanned, an intense furrow on her forehead. "The people will want to see if you match with them, you have to give them hope"

Jeongguk rolled his eyes. "False hope?" he asked raising an eyebrow and his mother just nodded, smirking at him. "Don't worry about it, mother. I know what to do" he said, and Chie just eyed him suspiciously.

The door got burst open and a stressed Hoseok appeared with messy hair and carrying the itinerary for Jeongguk, containing the necessary dialogues and technical indications for the interview with a famous journalist and TV presenter, Jessica Jung.

"Guk, you're up in five" Hoseok announced, eyes darting from the alpha to the papers in his hands. "They are going to be filming the whole photoshoot and after that, the interview will be with both, Mrs. Jeon and you," the beta said and Jeongguk nodded with a heavy sigh.

After an hour of posing for the photographer at the studio, Jeongguk was jaded. And the photographer probably took thousands of photos of him, while he kept complimenting the young alpha saying how painfully handsome he was and how natural for photoshoots he acted for.

Jeongguk just smiled at the guy politely. Of course, he was a 'natural' in photoshoots, his mother had been making him the model for Jeon Enterprises for years.

The crew led Jeongguk to the television studio after the shoot. They gave him a little collation and another makeup touch-up. The show was recorded, but still, there was a small audience watching the interview.

Jeon Chie was already sitting next to Jessica, talking and answering questions. The woman was a natural hypocrite, or smooth talker as she preferred to be called. And was easy for her to gain an audience, consisting mostly of women from eighteen to sixty.

The moment the presenter, Jessica Jung, announced the name of Jeongguk welcoming to the show, a bunch of howls and cheers from the audience were heard. Jeongguk took a deep breath after being encouraged by Hoseok as he entered the studio with a charming smile.

"Please welcome! Jeon Jeongguk!" The presenter says clapping her hands while the audience was euphoric to see the Jeons' heir in person.

Jeongguk waved at the audience, saluted the presenter, and then took a sit next to his mother.

"We love to finally see you in person, you are even more handsome like this" Jessica Jung said smiling. A plastic smile.

"Oh thank you and thank you for inviting us to your show" Jeongguk responded politely with a small bow to Jessica and the spectators.