31: Always

Two days after the painful breakup Taehyung was finally able to get up from bed. He was already set up to go to Japan and finish his college education there. All he wanted to do was leave soon before he surrender to his feelings and go crying after Jeongguk asked for another chance, claiming he lied, and he was still pretty much in love with the alpha.

"I need to stop thinking about him... I need to stop thinking about him... I need to stop..." Taehyung repeated in his head like a mantra, trying hard to suppress his emotions and break down again. His body almost fully healed but he felt empty, like a hollow shell.

His phone rang and the omega instantly frowned. It was a new phone so no one should have his number. He checked it and there it was a new message from an unknown number.

Unknown

You made the right choice. My secretary will bring your papers to your house, all your brother needs to do is sign those and the coffee shop will be all yours. Also, Namjoon will get a raise in his position at the university. And well, my son will have his position in our company, thanks to you he will secure his career. He was one sign away to be disinherited. Goodbye Mr. Kim, I hope we don't have to see each other again.

Taehyung gritted his teeth together, convinced that woman was the devil. He put his phone on the night table not wanting to reply to her. He hated her, he really hated her...

"Tae?" Taehyung turned around with his eyes opened widely at the sound of the familiar mellow voice.

Jimin.

"Jimin? What are you doing here?" the omega asked walking towards the alpha and hugging him briefly. The alpha hugged back carefully to not hurt the still-healing omega.

"I've been trying to check on you," Jimin said with a wide smile. "Finally Professor Kim told me today I could come to visit you"

Taehyung nodded offering a gentle smile. "Wanna have a cup of hot chocolate?"

"Sure! You know I love it" Jimin said giving his cute eye smile making Taehyung to nodded again fondly at the alpha.

Both friends were drinking their hot chocolates in the Kims' living room. Jimin crossed his legs, without shoes on the big couch while Taehyung was in front of him on a smaller couch with a lot of cushions on his back and front, claiming he needed them for his still-healing ribs.

"Are you doing okay?" Jimin's soft voice broke the comfortable silence.

"Yeah, I'm healing quite fast for an omega..." Taehyung replied with a small smile, eyes focused on the brown warm liquid on his mug.

"I'm not talking about that Tae..." Jimin said, his eyes showing nothing but concern.

"I've been better" the omega simply replied, still not looking at Jimin, afraid to see something in those warm hazel eyes that could make him break down again.

"He told me he wanted to die, Tae..." Jimin blurted out furrowing his eyebrows. Taehyung looked up at him after hearing those words.

"W-what?" Taehyung swallowed feeling his heart hurting already.

"He's not doing okay... Hoseok and I are staying with him to keep an eye on him" Jimin's voice cracked a bit, obvious sadness and fear in his tone while Taehyung let out a shaky breath.

"Jimin... I can't... I'm trying hard to stay strong... but I can't" the omega tried to say, his blue eyes looking deeper and dark.

"I don't know what happened between you two... but Tae, don't you love him anymore? You two mated... you're still wearing his mark... I can't understand..."