14: Cruel World

Taehyung was waitressing the tables in the coffee shop. His brother Seokjin was attending the shop from behind the counter, no words were spoken between the two, just some hard looks coming from the older omega towards the younger.

Taehyung felt angry but Seokjin was angrier. Both are stubborn and aggressive, neither of them wanting to yield to the other.

"I trusted you that you would behave, and you arrive by now?! skipping school and smelling like that alpha all over?!"

Seokjin's angry words were still flooding Taehyung's head, irritating him. Why his brother couldn't understand him? He didn't ask for his heat to come.

"You could have called me saying that! I could have gone to Busan for you!"

Like it was that simple. Seokjin didn't even act like an omega anymore. Doesn't he remember when his heat used to hit him in the worst moments? Yes, he was taking suppressants now, but those meds were dangerous. They could produce infertility, irritability, depression, and even cancer.

There was no way Taehyung would take suppressants, even when Jin was almost forcing him to take them, to prevent heat and unwanted pregnancy.

"Just take suppressants Tae! I don't want you to make the same mistakes I did back then! Now you at least have me to take care of you! I had no one!"

The same speech all over again. Taehyung had just rolled his eyes at his brother. He wasn't at fault Seokjin had gone through all that when he was a teen, he wasn't at fault that their father was an alcoholic who hated his sons, or at least that was what Taehyung thought about him.

"How could you let a guy you barely know to mark you!!! Don't you have self-respect?! You're acting just like Jaeduck!!!"

But Seokjin had to mention their father. Kim Jaeduck. Taehyung had never felt so angry with his older brother before. That's why Taehyung snapped.

"Shut the fuck up! I'm not a fucking kid, you were the one who got knocked up at fifteen! You didn't even take care of yourself during your heats so don't come with that bullshit now! I'm not stupid like you and Joon! And whatever I do with my body doesn't concern you!"

He had yelled to his brother and the only reason he did shut up was when Jin's hand slapped his face, making him turn with a whine and teary eyes. Seokjin was the same, eyes teary and face conflicted. He had never hit his brother before.

They haven't talked since then.

Taehyung was still working his shift in the coffee shop, but a tense silence surrounded them. Still, he was thankful that Namjoon haven't mentioned to Jin that the alpha Taehyung was seeing was actually Jeon Jeongguk, that would probably cause a war in the house, and the only alpha in there was trying to avoid that at all costs, even when that meant to hide information from his husband.

The moment Taehyung's shift ended, he took off his apron and left it in the back store, just leaving the coffee shop, not sparing a glance or word to his brother. He just wanted to sleep. But before he could close his eyes, his phone beeped announcing a message.

Guk 🐰🖤💜

Nochu and Bianca said I am their new favorite

Don't be jelly babe, you're still my favorite

*insert aggressive kiss*