35. Cherry Blossom

"The massive suicide that occurred yesterday has come as a big blow to the credibility of the lovegen app. All the deceased had their phones gathered with the said application on display. The authorities allege the deceased committed suicide together because of the lack of love matching in there, as well as the lack of soulmate compatibility. The Jeon's Labs claimed the massive suicide was an impulsive act due to stress, relationship problems, depressive states..."

Jeongguk was sitting on his chair in the meeting room of the Jeons' Labs, elbows supported while his hands were wrapped together, clenching his knuckles and listening to the reporters talking on one of the most important news channels in Korea. All of his staff members were with him, Namjoon among them.

"The Jeon's Labs CEO, Jeon Jeongguk, has not spoken about this matter yet. Meanwhile, people are gathering to protest against the Lovegen App and its new features..." the image in the background on the news channel showed a bunch of people with facemasks and banners with the logo of the lovegen app and an X sign over.

"Turn it off," Jeongguk said passing a hand through his face and groaning in annoyance. "Fucking shit why is it our fault that a group of people decided to kill themselves?" he muttered while a deep frown adorned his handsome features.

"You don't need to be so foul-mouthed," Eunwoo said shaking his head. "We have to focus on diverting the attention from this horrible event and you need to give an interview asap," the alpha said reading some notes on his clipboard.

Jeongguk was pouting, for a moment resembling his old self. "Hyejin... what about social media?"

"We're getting a lot of hate, but we also have lots of supporters," the black-haired woman said tapping the keyboard of her laptop with her long nails. "Eunwoo is right, with a good distraction the events of this massive suicide will last just three days"

"And what do you guys suggest to distract our users?" Jeongguk asked, the pout and the frown still on his face, his eyes kept focusing on Namjoon who was silently reading on his laptop.

"What about our new campaign with a male omega?" Yongsun said beaming widely, getting excited and taking her huge purse to search for her phone. "I have the perfect candidate for this!"

Jeongguk just rolled his eyes. "Anything that does not involve male omegas?"

"You could lie about your relationship with Joy and feed the reporters the engagement history," Eunwoo said shrugging his shoulders with an amused smirk on his face but Jeongguk scoffed loudly.

"Hyung..." the pure breed alpha turned to face the silent Namjoon.

Namjoon sighed clearing his throat. "We need to do three things for the moment," the alpha said earning the attention of the other four in the meeting room. "First, you need a lawyer. Some mourning families want to sue the Jeons' Labs, I recommend Jung Hoseok... I can contact Yoongi and ask for Hoseok..."

Jeongguk sighed heavily but nodded his head at the end. Well if Namjoon told him to hire a clown Jeongguk would do it, after all, he was Namjoon's biggest fan. "Jimin is also a lawyer..." the younger alpha said.

"Yeah but Jimin only works on medical cases," Namjoon said furrowing his eyebrows. "Perhaps he could make an exception for his bestie, right?"

"Perhaps..." Jeongguk said shaking off his thoughts. "What else?"

"Secondly... I highly recommend doing an honest campaign with all the genotypes together... genotypes and genders. One each... a male omega and a female omega, a male alpha and a female alpha, and a male beta, and a female beta... And from different ethnics too"