07: Heart Shaped Box

"It's obvious that discrimination still exists," Yoongi said still standing in front of the other eleven omegas who were reunited in a lecture hall provided for them for their law workshop. "Omegas do not have the opportunities that alphas and betas do. And omegas that do not conform to the system, who try to break with the accepted patterns, are stigmatized as 'odd' and 'whores'" the small male omega said with a stern look showing his presentation that was displayed on the screen behind him. "So we're heading to make them accept our sexual rights, freedom from violence, and maternal health rights" he finished and all the omegas in the room started to clap satisfied.

"Mr. min? Are we gonna protest about the lovegen app?"

"Of course, Nayeon" Yoongi replied with a tight smile, his gaze not changing his concern and stern look. "That stupid app had only encouraged sexual harassment towards omegas"

Taehyung shifted uncomfortably in his sit. He felt like he was betraying his kind after downloading the app, but he promised himself he would delete it after meeting Jeongguk that night. No damage was done.

"Who will be in charge of the topic: freedom from violence?" Yoongi asked taking a paper and a pen to make his annotations.

"Sana and me," Nayeon, the girl from before says raising her hand. Yoongi nodded writing both names.

They kept talking for a while and Taehyung was utterly distracted, Jeongguk had been continuously texting him again and he couldn't help himself but reply.

"Taehyung?"

"Sorry what?" the omega gulped, Bambi's eyes big and startled.

"What do you have on the sexual rights of omegas? And who is your team?" Yoongi asked, cocking an eyebrow and crossing his arms.

"Joy and Jihoon" Taehyung pointed around him, a pretty female with long black hair to his right and a cute blond male to his left. "We are focusing on sexualized omegas, for example, Joy here is a well-known model but the press criticized her, saying she is the one who 'temp' alphas and betas like she is asking for sexual harassment just for dressing in a certain way"

"Alright, you're focusing on Joy's case then," Yoongi said writing down some more information in his notebook. "Are you going to talk about the heat?"

"Of course," Taehyung, Joy, and Jihoon said in unison.

"But you know hyung, trying to change the laws about being sexually assaulted by an alpha or beta during heats and claiming we are actually NOT asking for it is a hard bone to crack," Taehyung said furrowing lightly his eyebrows.

"I know but we can start with the most human thing to do, to not harm the omegas in heat. Usually, alphas get hazed in lust and hurt omegas badly during their sexual intercourse" Yoongi replied with a heavy sigh, the room went silent for a moment.

They knew it will be hard to protest about that specific topic, especially when some omegas during their heat go through such painful symptoms that beg for anyone to fuck them to calm the feeling.

"Anyways, it's late already so let's get going, alright? We'll meet next week with the papers ready to get them to the law department... don't forget to add the lovegen app as an aggravating factor"

"Yes!" female and male voices replied in unison.

"Hey Tae" Taehyung heard a female voice calling for him so he turned around and saw Joy looking at him with a gentle smile. "Thank you for agreeing to talk about my case, it means a lot"

"No problem, Joy. I hope it gets better" Taehyung replied with his usual smile, the girl nodded and left the room along with the others.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you" This time it was Yoongi who approached Taehyung who looked surprised. "Do you have time, Taehyung?"